Hi Bold Bakers!
My Salted Caramel, Chocolate Brownie Trifle is one of my first episodes of Bigger Bolder Baking and still a favorite. It’s an over-the-top recipe I hope you’ll love with layers of homemade salted caramel sauce, fudge brownies, caramel mousse, whipped cream & a rich chocolate sauce. I like to make mine in a giant glass Trifle dish but you can make it as BIG & BOLD as you’d like. Enjoy!
- FUDGE BROWNIE
- 4 Tbsp cold and unsalted butter
- 10 oz Good quality chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
- 1½ Cups Firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 Whole Eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ Cups A.p flour
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 recipe for Salted caramel sauce
- 1 cup Salted Caramel Sauce (above recipe)
- 2 Tblsp granulated sugar
- 2 packs (1 lb) Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups heavy cream, cold
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (I like 72 percent cacao)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- To make the Brownies: Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). Grease and line a 13x9 inch baking pan
- Combine the butter, chocolate and sugar in medium saucepan; stir over medium heat until smooth. Set aside and allow to cool down.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla, flour and salt
- Pour Brownie mix into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes. Take care not to over bake or they can be dry, and not fudgy
- When baked, set aside to go cold until needed. (You can make the brownie 2 days in advance, and it also freeze really well)
- For the Salted Caramel Mousse: Transfer cream cheese into Kitchen mixer. Beat at medium-high speed until smooth and no lumps, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the reserved salted caramel sauce and sugar. Continue to beat on high until fluffy, another 3 minutes., the more air the better your mousse will be.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Divide the cream in half, half for the mousse and other half for cream layers.
- Fold ½ whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Place in fridge until needed. Taste a spoonful so you know what you have to look forward to.
- Place the other bowl of cream in the fridge until assembly of the trifle.
- For the Chocolate Sauce: Heat the cream over low heat until almost to a simmer. Pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Assembling the Trifle: In a large trifle dish (or a big glass bowl) crumble in your fudge brownie. Leave some bits chunky so you have nice chewy texture to match the soft mousse and cream.
- Next, spoon over the Salted Caramel sauce to moisten the brownie.
- Scoop in a large spoonful of the Salted Caramel Mousse and move it around to reach the edges
- Drizzle the rich Chocolate Sauce over the Salted Caramel Mousse layer
- Lastly spoon on the whipped cream layer all the way to the edges.
- Repeat the layers again from the start: Crumbled Brownie, Caramel Sauce, Caramel Mousse, Chocolate sauce, Whipped Cream.
- To finish I crumble some brownie crumbs and drizzle over the gorgeous sauces.
- Dig deep down to enjoy all your lovely layers together. Mix it up and try your own twist on layers using your favorite flavors.
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
16 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.