Hi Bold Bakers!
I don’t know about you but I absolutely love cookies! Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies, hearty Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, rich Peanut Butter Cookies and gooey Salted Caramel Cookies…the combinations are endless! Since there are so many mouthwatering flavors I decided to create one Crazy Cookie Dough to fulfill all of those homemade cookie cravings!
WATCH MY CRAZY COOKIE DOUGH
Similar to my idea for Crazy Dough, which was one bread dough that can be made into so many different sweet and savory breads, I’ve created one truly Crazy Cookie Dough! This dough is the absolute perfect blank canvas for all of your favorite cookie flavors! It has the perfect balance of brown sugar, white sugar, melted butter and salt. The result is beyond decadent bakery-style cookies. This means no matter which flavorings you choose to add in, this cookie is perfectly crisp around the edges and chewy gooey in the center. Why make one boring batch of the same cookie, when you can make a variety of your favorites!
From the smell that fills the house to that warm and fuzzy comfort I get from knowing I have a full cookie jar, there is just nothing like a homemade, fresh out of the oven cookie. I can’t wait for you all to give the recipe a spin and make these cookies your own. Let’s face it what day can’t be improved by a truly delicious cookie?
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let’s start with a classic! My advice for making the BEST-EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is to use dark chocolate that has been cut into chunks. Dark chocolate with a cocoa solid percentage of at least 72% is what you want to give you that perfect bittersweet richness.
Peanut Butter Cookies
My husband’s favorite so I gotta throw this one into the mix. Use your favorite peanut butter, smooth or chunky, to mix into your Crazy Cookie Dough. For extra crunch toss in a few salted, toasted peanuts too.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
An oldie but a goodie, this classic cookie cannot be over looked. Using ingredients that you would normally have on hand, toss in some rolled oats and raisins to your Crazy Cookie Dough and you will be delighted with the results.
Birthday Cake Cookies
Birthday Cake is 1 of my 5 a day! Seriously, I try whenever possible to throw sprinkles into everything!! To create a Birthday Cake Cookie add some of your favorite sprinkles and white chocolate chips into your Crazy Cookie Dough and enjoy the results.
Chocolate & Hazelnut Cookies
Do you have a tub of Nutella in your cupboard? Then you are halfway there to a Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookie. Stir some Nutella into my Crazy Cookie Dough, toss in some toasted hazelnuts for good measure and BOOM! You have a Chocolate & Hazelnut Cookie.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Very possibly my most favorite cookie EVER! Why? Because the results are like a brownie. Add some cocoa powder and dark chopped chocolate chunks into your Crazy Cookie Dough and enjoy the best cookie you have ever eaten!
What makes a S’mores Cookie? Marshmallows, chocolate and Graham Crackers, right? Stir all of those bad boys into my Crazy Cookie Dough and you have an instant family favorite.
Salted Caramel Cookies
To make an extra gooey, chewy cookie that has a salty kick add in some chopped caramels into my Crazy Cookie Dough, top with a pinch of sea salt and you will be halfway to heaven.
Get crazy and make these flavors and others including Sugar Cookies, Molasses Cookies & more!
Get My New Recipes & Videos Emailed to You Every Week!
And don’t miss my new Crazy Muffins!
- Crazy Cookie Dough
- 1 cup (8oz/226g) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1¼ cup (10oz/280g) brown sugar
- ¾ cup (6oz/170g) white sugar
- 2½ cups (12½oz/355g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 generous tablespoon dark chocolate, rough chopped
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- 2 heaped teaspoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon raisin
Double Chocolate Cookie
- 2 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon chocolate, chopped
Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, chopped
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie
- 1 tablespoon Nutella or chocolate spread
- 1 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 generously marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chocolate, chopped
Salted Caramel Cookie
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- 4 caramel candies, rough chopped
Birthday Cake Cookie
- 2 heaped teaspoons sprinkles
- 2 heaped teaspoons white chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk both sugars in a large bowl and make sure to break up any large chunks. Add the melted butter and whisk vigorously for about 1 minute, until light fluffy and fully incorporated.
- Whisk in one egg to the sugar-butter mixture, stirring until it's fully mixed in. Scrape the sides of the bowl with your spatula. Whisk in the second egg and the vanilla and scrape the sides of bowl again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with the spatula to fully combined. Chill the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes to 2 hours before scooping.
- Using a quarter scoop measure scoop the cookie dough base into roughly 10-12 cookies.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie: Press your chocolate chunks into your base cookie and fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the chocolate chunks are distributed through out
- Oatmeal raisin Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the oatmeal and the raisins. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the oatmeal and raisins are distributed through out.
- Double Chocolate Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the cocoa powder and chocolate chunks. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the ad-ins are distributed through out.
- Peanut Butter Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the peanut butter and chopped peanuts. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the peanut butter and peanuts are distributed through out.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the Nutella and chopped hazelnuts. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the Nutella and nuts are distributed through out.
- S'more Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the graham crackers, marshmallow and chocolate. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the s'more ad-ins are distributed through out.
- Salted Caramel Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in the chopped caramels. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the caramel candies are distributed through out. Top with flakey sea salt.
- Birthday Cake Cookie: Using your hand make a well in the center of the dough. Add in sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Fold the cookie dough over itself to make sure the sprinkles and chips are distributed through out.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 375ºF (185oC). Place the cookies on a larger parchment lined cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until you can still see it is doughy in the center but browning around the edge. Resist the urge to bake for longer as you will over bake it and lose that gooey center.
- Let cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then enjoy. Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
85 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.