Your #1 Online Baking Destination!

ICING A CAKE

Home Discussion Boards CAKES ICING A CAKE

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dvas Custom Cakes 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Shenny97
    Participant

Hi Gemma!
    Your amazing!you really made me love baking!
    Could you please make a video on how to ice a cake 🙁
    Icing is so hard and stressful and you Gemma make cooking look so easy and fun so if you can it would be lovely if you could make a video on how to ice a cake .

take care
    God bless
    XOXO
    Shenny

_E.mm.a_
    Participant

I’m not a professional but my tips are to not take too long on it and make sure you have a good icing in a good consistency.

WilliamSucaidy
    Participant

For Icing a cake use a medium consistency icing but don’t use runny or stiff icing because it will be really hard to spread. The best vanilla buttercream I’ve ever used to ice a cake is a swiss meringue buttercream. Gemma has a recipe on youtube,you can use that for the best results.
    Regards
    William from Indonesia
    Hope that helps!

Dvas Custom Cakes
    Participant

Take about 1/2 cup of frosting and thin it out with a little milk or water so it’s very easy to spread. With an offset spatula, spread a thin layer of it on the tops and sides of the cake, then chill until set, about 15 minutes. Repeat if you can still see crumbs showing through the icing. You can also watch the recipe on you tube.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest