Save favorite recipes & more!

My Cinnamon Roll dough was really soft and I could barely roll it, Help?

Home Discussion Boards BREADS & DOUGHS My Cinnamon Roll dough was really soft and I could barely roll it, Help?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Michael 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gemma Stafford
    Gemma Stafford
    Keymaster

I’m kicking this off because it is something that so many have experienced so let me try and solve it for you.

It seems like I get photos of gorgeous Cinnamon rolls and in the same day get a message that someones didn’t work out.
    So I went through the recipe with a fine tooth comb and made it again. I also asked my mum to make it using grams and ounces and she did.
    We both got the same results as I did in the video.

Here is some tips to success:
    -It’s always preferred to use grams and ounces when baking before it is more accurate. Baking is about accuracy.
    -A humid climate can affect the dough in a negative way. Doughs don’t like extra moisture so try and keep it in a dry place.
    -The more exact you are with the weight of the ingredients the better your results.

Let me know below what you have experienced. I promise you that you can make amazing cinnamon rolls with this recipe.

Shalini Hashwani
    Participant

Hi Gemma, I recently started following your website. Wonderful recipes. As cinnamon rolls are.my.favorite I decided to try that out.. And yes my dough was wet too. I noticed quite a few ppl commented on tht. Also noticed 2 ppl from Indonesia. Well I am from Indonesia and we r coastal and humid. I thimk we need to keep tht in.mind. I added alot of extra flour to make it.rollable. It’s waiting to go to the oven as I type. Let’s see wht happens.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

One thought came to mind in regards to “dough too soft” or “wet dough” is the yeast that is used. Proofing Active Dry Yeast adds a certain amount of liquid which may need to be subtracted from the water in the recipe. I recently made the cinnamon rolls for 150 people and I used “Instant Yeast” purchased in a 1 lb. package. This yeast requires no proofing. it is added directly to the dry ingredients and used in the same measure. I also let my dough rest in the fridge for 2 and 1/2 days before baking and the dough was much stronger than my previous 1 day attempt. Best of luck all!
    Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest