Hi Bold Bakers!
I have an over-the-top tropical frozen treat for you! That’s right, this is my recipe for the ultimate Homemade Snow Cones! Snow cones are the easiest and most refreshing treat. They’re simply made with shaved ice and a fruity sauce of your choosing. And then you have a vacation in a glass!
While the snow cones we all had as kids were always store bought and full of un-natural flavorings and colors, these are one 100% homemade using seasonal frozen fruit and just a little sugar for extra sweetness. These Homemade Snow Cones taste incredible as they combine blended shaved ice with real fruit syrup you can make in your own kitchen. You will not believe how much flavor you can get from just a few simple ingredients. The flavors I’ve created are pineapple, raspberry, blueberry and mango. Talk about taste the rainbow!
The best part of these Homemade Snow Cones is they look just as good as they taste. Imagine all of these beautiful colors and fruity flavors in one lovely frozen snow cone. No doubt, these are a super fun and festive treat. Your friends and family will love experimenting with making their own combinations of flavors.
- 2 cups (10oz/300g) ice
- 1 cup (5oz/150g) raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup (5oz/150g) mango (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup (5oz/150g) blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup (5oz/150g) pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar per fruit (depending on the sweetness of your fruit)
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar and fruit.
- Simmer until the fruit has softened and the sugar dissolved, roughly 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer your fruit mixture to a food processor and blend the fruit into a smooth puree. If you don't have a processor try passing it through a fine sieve.
- Once pureed strain over a bowl to remove any seeds or bits from the fruit. If you find the syrup a bit too thick at this stage thin it out with some juice or a little water.
- Place ice cubes in a blender and pulse to create fine shaved ice. Store in the freezer if you are not using it straight away.
- Scoop your shaved ice into serving dish of your choice and pack it tight together. Pour over your fruit syrup and enjoy immediately!
- To make a rainbow snow cone, pour your individual flavors into a squirt bottle or jug with a spout. Pour each flavor in a line across our scoop of ice, creating a rainbow effect. Enjoy Immediately!!!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
1 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.