Hi Bold Bakers!
Tell me this: Do you have a slice of bread in your kitchen? An egg? Some milk? If the answer is yes then you can make this Microwave Mug Savory French Toast right now.
Are you like me and don’t have as much get up and go in the morning? Just mix up this French Toast the night before and then pop it into the microwave the next morning to have a hot, homemade breakfast in no time. It’s an instant breakfast that’s filling, cheap and most importantly delicious.
Microwave Mug Meals are for everyone! Are you pressed for time to make breakfast? Do you want your kids to be able to feed themselves? I have 50+ Mug Meals that will fill you up and save you time. My Mug Meals are real food fast.
Check out my other New Mug Meals for Back to School including Homemade Ramen, a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich in a Mug, Nutella Mug Brownie, and a Cheese & Broccoli Rice Bowl. My Microwave Mug Meals are real food fast!
When it comes to this recipe think outside the box. That’s how you come up with a recipe like Savory French Toast in a Mug. You make the rules so get creative.
Microwave the French Toast until firm on top and there is no liquidy egg showing. It will continue to cook as it cools.
Cooking time given is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary. I suggest checking it after 1 minute and go from there.
Get 100 more Mug Meal Recipes on Gemma’s Mug Meals collection page.
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons white bread, cubed (roughly 1 slice bread)
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar
- 3 tablespoon cooked ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a microwave safe mug, mix together the egg and milk.
- Add the bread, ham, cheese and salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes for the bread to soak up the custard. Press it down so the bread is submerged within the liquid.
- Microwave for roughly 1½ - 2 minutes. I suggest checking it after 1 minute and go from there. The timing is based on my 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave so yours might vary.
- Serve straight away while still warm.
Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
6 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.