Hi Bold Bakers!
When I think of summer desserts S’mores and Ice Cream come to my mind immediately. They are quintessential summer desserts that are made around camp fires and eaten in the hot sun respectively.
Did you every think of combining the two? Let me rephrase that, why am I just combining the two NOW? Just stir toasted marshmallows, while they’re still warm, into a creamy ice cream and summer just got even better!
Serve this Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream with Graham Crackers and Chocolate to make a S’more Ice Cream Sandwich.
Well-toasted Marshmallows will give this Ice Cream it’s toasty flavor. And remember, a little char is ok. It’s all flavor.
If you like this ice cream, try my Homemade Marshmallow Fluff for even more Marshmallowy goodness!
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml ) cold whipping cream (all purpose cream or heavy cream)
- 14 ounces (1 can/ 400ml) cold condensed milk (fat-free or regular)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 12 large marshmallows
- Whip the cold cream on medium/ high in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the machine and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Turn the speed back up high again and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks. Turn off the machine and stir in vanilla extract now if desired.
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors once it is nice and thick.
- Carefully and safely toast your marshmallows until brown and caramelized. A little char is ok, that’s flavor.
- While the marshmallows are still soft, but not hot stir them into the Ice Cream base. They are sticky but keep mixing until you see it throughout.
- Place in a large resealable container and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight before eating. Keep for up to 6 weeks.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.