Hi Bold Bakers!
Whipping cream seems like a little bit of a no brainer right? Put cream in a bowl and whip with a whisk until it is thick.
However, it seems to be one thing that the Bold Baking Community struggles with and for good reason. In every country, cream is different. It comes in different forms and is called different things.
There is whipping cream, single cream, heavy cream and so on. It is a bit over whelming to be honest and you want to make use you buy the right cream because it is an expensive ingredients and you don’t want to mess it up.
Do you have trouble making my No Machine Ice Cream? I hear a lot that when trying to whip cream for my ice cream that it over whips. The only way to stop this from happening is to teach you what you need to look for as you are whipping. By knowing just by looking at the cream is a skill you can easily learn. Watch the video below where I show you where to stop and how not to over whip cream.
Here are a few countries where I know which cream works best for whipping:
- UK: Whipping Cream
- Netherlands: Slagroom
- Philippines: Whipped cream or heavy cream
How to Whip Cream Successfully:
1. Use cold cream – Cream has to be cold to whip. If it is not cold from the fridge it is very hard to get it to whip to stiff peaks.
2. Chill your bowl – If you live in a particularly warm or humid climate, chill your bowl in the fridge. This will help the cream to stay cold while whipping.
3. Under whip rather than over whip – If you are making my 2 Ingredient No Machine Ice Cream and are worried if you have whipped it too much, then stop whipping. It’s better to under whip then over whip. Over whipping cream can separate and make butter.
4. Keep a close eye – Never walk away from a machine while cream is whipping or you will make butter. Once it eventually starts to thicken it will thicken quite fast.
5. Watch my How To Video – This will show you what you should be looking for when whipping cream and also when you should stop whipping.
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.