Hi Bold Bakers! Every baker needs a great carrot cake recipe and that’s exactly what I’ll show you this week. This cake is moist, delicious and the perfect springtime dessert. Plus, I’ll share my favorite cream cheese frosting recipe that will give you a perfect result anytime. So let’s get baking!
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
- Carrot Cake
- 2 Cups (400g/14oz) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1.65 cups (400ml/14oz) sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ Cups (400g/14oz) flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- (400g/14oz) carrots (finely grated)
- 125 g , 4ozs of raisins
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 cups (1 lb 4 oz/600g) powdered sugar, sifted lightly to remove any lumps
- 1 lb (16oz/480g) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g )unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together sugar, eggs and oil until thick.
- Then add in flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix gently
- Lastly, add in the grated carrots and raisins and mix in until well combined.
- Grease and line a 9” tin. You can also use this recipe to make 2 x 900g/2lb loat tins
- Pour mixture into tins and place in the oven at 340oF (170oC) for 70- 80 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean).
- Leave to cool in tins for 10mins then turn onto a cooling rack.
- To prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed cream cheese and butter until smooth. Then slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy (do not overbeat). Chill until needed.
- Decorate as desire.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
70 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.