This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I am a self proclaimed cookie connoisseur, well I have eaten my fair share of cookies over the years so I gave myself that title. I know I’m not alone in saying that Oreo Cookies are some of my favorites so to me it made perfect sense to take some of my favorite store-bought cookies and not only make them from scratch, but make them GIANT!
A Birthday Cake Oreo is exactly how you would imagine it! It’s a party of vanilla and sprinkles in your mouth. Even though I was only introduced to Birthday Cake Oreo Cookies recently I have made up for lost time by enjoying many of them since. Just imagine the best vanilla cookie you ever had x 2 + sprinkles = deliciousness. That is math that I can get on board with.
The dough freezes perfectly so they can be baked off later. Double up and have reserves to “Bake in case of emergency.”
The cookie dough is such a small amount you can mix it by hand without the need for a mixer.
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
Watch The Recipe Video!
GIANT Single-Serving Birthday Cake OREO Cookies Recipe
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix the flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add the butter and with a fork (or your fingers) rub it in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. (you can also do this step in a food processor)
- Add the egg and continue mixing until dough comes together in a mass. You will have to use your fingers to bring it together
- Evenly divide the dough in half and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place approximately 5 inches apart, the cookies will spread while baking. Slightly flatten the dough to 3inch wide.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes AT 350oF (180oC). Set baking sheets on a rack to cool.
- Once cooled sandwich your cookies together with buttercream frosting mixed with sprinkles
- Enjoy your cookies immediately. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days