Your #1 Online Baking Destination!

Homemade Popsicles, Blueberry Lemon Popsicles, Popsicles, Frozen Desserts, Frozen Treats, Summer Treats, Gemma Stafford, Bigger Bolder Baking, Recipes

Blueberry Lemon Popsicle

Save Recipe

Hi Bold Bakers!

I have been bitten by the Popsicle bug! I have lots of great flavor combos going around my head and I can’t freeze them fast enough.

One flavor combo I am a big fan of is blueberry and lemon. You might already know this because I made a delicious Blueberry and Lemon 1 Minute Mug Cakes.

This popsicle has a lovely fresh flavor from the lemon and blueberries and an amazing creaminess from the yogurt. It can be enjoyed as a treat and even for a breakfast on the go.

You can buy the Ice Pop Maker Molds I used HERE on Amazon.

Blueberry and Lemon Popsicle

4.5 from 26 votes
Blueberry Lemon Popsicle
Prep Time
10 mins
Total Time
10 mins

Course: Frozen Dessert, Summer
Servings: 6
Author: Gemma Stafford
Ingredients
  • 30 blueberries , hulled and cleaned
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 Cup (8oz/225g) Vanilla Yogurt (or add some vanilla to plain yogurt)
Instructions
  1. Puree the blueberries until smooth.
  2. Mix in the lemon zest
  3. Alternate adding the blueberry puree and yogurt into popsicle molds.
  4. Cover mold, add sticks and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
  5. TIP: Run the molds under warm water to loosen up the popsicles.

Watch my Homemade Popsicles Video with 5 Different Flavors!

SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE

0 Images
Submit Your Photos
mug_logo_150
Katherine Cowgill by Teren Oddo Oct. 2015

Meet Gemma

Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!

Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.

And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.

111 Comments

Write a Comment and Review

1. LuLu on July 14, 2016 at 1:07 pm

This is super good. I made this for a party and everyone loved it! But the only note that I have is, that for me this recipe only made 2 popsicles and not 6 popsicles. Still it was a big hit!

• Gemma Stafford on July 21, 2016 at 5:03 pm

How large are your popsicle molds?

2. ViVie on March 14, 2016 at 10:22 pm

you inspired me to start baking and, I honestly think the mug cakes and breakfast in a mug are the best because they’re so simple I already watched all the mug recipes I would love you added a few other ones because they’re my fav. I’m always making the french toast it’s the best. but out of the popsicles I love the… Fudgesicle and the lemonade one and Iv’e tried all of them they’re so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gemma Stafford on March 16, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Hi ViVie,
      Thank you for all of your kind comments and for letting me know how you are doing with the recipes, your feedback is important to me,
      Gemma 🙂

3. Inshiya Motiwala on February 29, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Hi Gemma,
    I love your recipes, I have tried your no machine ice creams and the orange popsicle, they are amazing. Soon i will try out mug cakes as well.Thank you for such easy recipes.
    Could you pls share recipe on no machine ice creams but sugar free as my mom loves ice creams but is diabetic.

• Gemma Stafford on March 1, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Hi there Inshiya,
      Can you get unsweetened condensed milk? This is the answer, and when you add a fruit flavor to this it will be delicious. Good luck and thank you for your kind words,
      Gemma 🙂

4. Sarah on January 9, 2016 at 11:05 am

Just started to watch your videos and I am lovein them and just to say u’r a brilliant baker u have inspired me to bake a lot more than I used to #ur amazing

• Gemma Stafford on January 9, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Thank you very much Sarah. I’m delighted you like my recipes. Thanks for signing up for my newsletter and being apart of the Bold Baking community.

5. Faiza on December 15, 2015 at 1:55 am

I live in Kenya . Where to find the Popsicle mold

• Gemma Stafford on December 17, 2015 at 2:44 pm

You should be able to find them on http://www.amazon.com. Hope this helps 🙂

6. Hamdhi on December 15, 2015 at 1:51 am

Sorry Gemma . It was a typo what i ment to say was I love your show . My lil bro typed i love you

• Gemma Stafford on December 17, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Thank you so much for visiting my website. Really glad you like my baking videos 🙂

7. Hamdhi on December 15, 2015 at 1:43 am

Hi Gemma .I love you so….. Much. Ps I am only 9 years old. Love you????. God bless

8. Arissa Tabassum Ashraf on October 9, 2015 at 12:53 am

Gemma am I disturbing you by writing comments?

9. Arissa Tabassum Ashraf on October 9, 2015 at 12:50 am

Gemma where I will get your latest popsicles?

10. Arissa Tabassum Ashraf on October 8, 2015 at 8:55 am

Gemma I tried all the popsicles its so much yummy!

• Gemma Stafford on October 8, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Delighted to hear that. Thank you so much for watching 🙂

11. Arissa Tabassum Ashraf on October 4, 2015 at 8:13 am

Wow how wonderful recipes!You are a genius Gemma.

• Gemma Stafford on October 6, 2015 at 6:50 pm

12. Lubnatallatjan on August 26, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Really enjoyed watching and thanks. I watch your videos everyday now.i make popsicles out of cola

• Gemma Stafford on August 26, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Delighted to hear that. Thank you so much for visiting my website 🙂

13. Ellen on August 18, 2015 at 4:18 am

Hello Gemma wow i just had a try of the lemon and buleberrie iceblock it so nice. Thanks for the recipes they always com I handy.

• Gemma Stafford on August 18, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Thank you so much, Ellen. Really glad you like my baking videos 🙂

14. Shantal on August 6, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Hi Gemma I love your recipes please make more they’re fun to make.

15. Aak on July 8, 2015 at 6:33 am

Love your recipes ❤️

• Gemma Stafford on July 8, 2015 at 8:10 am

16. Pia on July 5, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Where to find that popsicle mold? Thanks in advance!

• Gemma Stafford on July 6, 2015 at 12:04 pm

You can easily find one on Amazon.com or at a store like Target. Hope this helps 🙂

17. Angela on June 29, 2015 at 1:31 am

Hi Gemma I love your baking skills and maybe I can make my own ice cream store because of you but I live in Singapore and I am still a child so I do not have things that are nice as yours but I am impressed with Popsicles hope you make Popsicles so thank you so much

• Gemma Stafford on June 29, 2015 at 5:04 am

Thanks so much, really glad you like my baking videos :). I am really glad you like my popsicles.

18. Daniela on June 27, 2015 at 7:13 pm

I love all your recipes, this one is my favorite one. This popsicles are a wonderful idea for a sweet thing without any extra sugar.

• Gemma Stafford on June 28, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Thanks so much Daniela, really glad you like my popsicles. I plan to do more 🙂

19. Peggy on June 27, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Would it b ok to use frozen blueberries instead of fresh? Thanks! Love your ideas!!

• Gemma Stafford on June 27, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Absolutely Peggy, frozen blueberries will work great. Keep them frozen, you don’t need to defrost them before using them 🙂

20. Faith on June 27, 2015 at 9:12 am

Looks great really want to try.

• Gemma Stafford on June 27, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Thanks so much faith. really glad you like my popsicles 🙂

21. Annie on June 25, 2015 at 8:15 pm

I never ever tried to this this recipe but I can’t Becauae I’m to young but when I grow up I will try to do it I bet it’s very delish!

• Gemma Stafford on June 25, 2015 at 9:27 pm

You should try them Annie, they are really easy. Some of my Bold bakers are as young as 10 years old 🙂

22. Rukaya on June 20, 2015 at 6:56 pm

I live the fudgesicls they taste amazing

23. krisely on June 16, 2015 at 6:46 pm

you are the best baker ever and please I beg you to make a Gingerbread man house

24. Amy Shoemaker on June 15, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Love your recipes you are such a pleasure to watch. I am a foods & nutrition high school teacher and cannot wait to share your recipes with my students in Aug 2015. How about videos for bake sale or fund raiser ideas or even freezer meals? My students love to bake for other people.

• Gemma Stafford on June 18, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Hi Amy! Thank you for your lovely note. I’m so glad you’re enjoying my recipes and plan to share them with your students. One of the main reasons my husband and I started the show was to teach kids (and adults) about using good ingredients and learning to cook. Bake sale and fund raiser videos are a great idea. I’ve heard a number of viewers have used my No Machine Homemade Ice Cream (https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/homemade-ice-cream-party/) for fundraisers. I’ll add that to my list. Thank you again for watching, and I’m looking forward to seeing you around the community! 🙂

25. Hannah on June 14, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Can you use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones for the Blueberry Lemon Popsicles?
    By the way, you are my favourite baker by far! 🙂

• Gemma Stafford on June 15, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Aw that’s lovely. Thanks so much. Absolutely use frozen berries, just defrost them before you blend them 🙂

26. Lexi Mackay on June 14, 2015 at 11:00 am

Hey Gemma m and my brother made the blueberry and lemonade popsicles and we loved them!

• Gemma Stafford on June 15, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Fantastic Lexi!! Delighted it was delicious 🙂

27. Phoebe on June 14, 2015 at 3:46 am

omp i love it so much, now i can’t wait for the holidays to try alll of your recipes.
    ps i love pineapples so if you put up anything with pineapple i will try to be the first one to make it.

28. Hi, Gemma, How is the cooking? on June 11, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Hi, Gemma, How is the cooking?

• Gemma Stafford on June 13, 2015 at 4:09 pm

Hi! Everything’s lovely. How are you?

29. DK on June 11, 2015 at 9:08 am

Hi Gemma!

You’re such a delight. I adore your creations.

Just have one question in regards to using frozen fruits for purée.
    Do I have to thaw frozen fruits before blending them to make purée?

Or is it okay to just blend frozen fruits and pour the result right away into the ice cream tray?

I’d really appreciate your response. Thank you very much!!

• Gemma Stafford on June 11, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Thanks you so much, I really appreciate your lovely comment. So you asked a really great question that I didn’t mention in the video. Yes, thaw the fruit before pureeing. I tried to puree frozen berries and it did not work. Good luck with your Popsicles 🙂

30. Robert Conrad Boniol on June 11, 2015 at 5:09 am

Hi Gemma, that is an new flavor for summer treat, blueberry lemon popsicles!!! I love it… where do you from anyway? I’m from the Philippines. How about you, Gemma?

• Gemma Stafford on June 11, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Delighted you liked it! :). I am from Ireland but I live in Los Angeles, California.
      I have never been to the Philippines but believe it is lovely.

31. Marjo on June 11, 2015 at 12:42 am

Wow! I love these recipes. I just found your channel and this website and I’m so glad I did! It’s a bit cold here in Finland currently, but that won’t stop me from eating popsicles! 🙂

• Gemma Stafford on June 11, 2015 at 9:21 pm

I’m am delighted you found my channel and website. It is hot in in Los Angeles so I have ice cream on the brain. I have a new video everything Thursday so stay tuned 🙂 today I made Pop tarts

32. Nethra on June 10, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Hi Gemma i’m a french fan i’m Sri Lankan that’s why i speek english. I live in Paris and i lové your reciepes. Can you make a prefect big and bold brownies reciepe. I LOVÉ YOU !!! ♡ KISS FROM PARIS !!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Gemma Stafford on June 10, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Aw thanks so much, thanks great. My sister lived in paris for a long time. I visited her a few times. So my best brownie recipe is in my ‘brownie ice cream sandwich bar’ video on youtube. They are the best brownies you will ever try 🙂

• Nethra on June 11, 2015 at 10:35 pm

I’m gonna try it. To night.

• Gemma Stafford on June 13, 2015 at 4:08 pm

That’s great! Let me know you like them.

33. Fernanda on June 7, 2015 at 11:48 am

Hey Gemma I love your website you have such awesome recipes can you make an oreo ball recipe or a peanut butter cookie or no cook desserts .

• Gemma Stafford on June 7, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Thanks so much Fernanda, delighted you like my baking videos and website :). I have some more no bake desserts coming up in a few weeks including recess peanut butter cups, almond joy and twin 🙂

34. Emma on June 7, 2015 at 3:22 am

I can’t wait to make some of these, especially the fruit rainbow one! Such a good idea to use all natural ingredients to create something utterly delicious!

• Gemma Stafford on June 7, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Thanks so much Emma, delighted you like my popsicles. make sure to share a photo with me if you make them 🙂

35. Jani on June 6, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Yummy! I think that your next hit is gonna be the popsicles…

• Gemma Stafford on June 7, 2015 at 4:39 pm

You know what, I think so too. It has been a hug success :). Thanks Jani

36. Makenna Hauenstein on June 6, 2015 at 8:30 am

Your recipes are the best Gemma!!!!!

• Gemma Stafford on June 6, 2015 at 11:54 am

Thank you so much! I appreciate you watching my videos. 🙂

37. Kirstine on June 6, 2015 at 7:38 am

I made these yesterday and I’m eating it right now. It tastes delicious! And they look so pretty!

• Gemma Stafford on June 6, 2015 at 11:57 am

That’s great, Kirstine! Did you take any photos? Please share them if you do. Thank you for watching!

38. Joshua on June 6, 2015 at 5:09 am

IT’s really nice but can u add a video for this extra flavour?

• Gemma Stafford on June 6, 2015 at 11:56 am

Hi Joshua! I’m glad you like my extra recipes. I will have additional videos to come exclusive to the website. Stay tuned! 🙂

39. Riya on June 5, 2015 at 11:30 pm

Hey Gemma I loved this Popsicle it tasted so good also I love your pintrest I follow plz follow me to bye

• Gemma Stafford on June 7, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Hi Riya, Thanks so much, delighted you like the popsicles :). I am always on Pinterest, It’s where i get a lot of my ideas. I can’t seem to find you on there. If you send me a pin or something I can find you 🙂

40. Kisa Jafri on June 5, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I am only 11 turning 12 this month but your videos inspired and helped me alot in summer. Love you

• Gemma Stafford on June 6, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Thank you for your lovely message! I’m really glad you’re enjoying my recipes. I hope you get to make some great summer recipes like my Popsicles and Ice Cream. Thank you for watching! 🙂

41. chrstalz on June 5, 2015 at 2:27 pm

hi gemma i love your videos i think you should make a show on food network i would totally watch it every day you are an amazing person from God

• Gemma Stafford on June 6, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Thank you for your lovely message and I appreciate your good thoughts. Hopefully some day! I appreciate you watching my show. Any favorites so far? Thank you for watching! 🙂

42. Fiona on June 5, 2015 at 1:49 am

These look amazing! I find it really funny because all the youtubers/bloggers are posting summer recipes when here in NZ it’s still winter:( But the first thing on my bucket list for summer is to make that fudgesicle;) thanks Gemma!

• Gemma Stafford on June 7, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Thanks so much Fiona, delighted you like them :). Go to my channel and work your way through my winter recipes until summer 🙂

43. Caro on June 5, 2015 at 1:24 am

Great! And i love that this recipe is so healthy, something for every hot summer day! 🙂

• Gemma Stafford on June 6, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Delighted you like my recipe Caro :). thanks for watching

44. Eloisaclairesicat on June 4, 2015 at 8:43 pm

I love ur vids gemma! I wish i could see u

• Gemma Stafford on June 4, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Aw thanks so much, that’s very kind. 🙂

45. Emmy on June 4, 2015 at 4:15 pm

wow i just came from youtube and this is YUMMY!!

• Gemma Stafford on June 4, 2015 at 5:10 pm

That’s great, Emmy! Thank you so much for watching. Any favorite Popsicle flavors so far?

46. Molly on June 4, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Awh great recipes!!! Love them keep it up xx

• Gemma Stafford on June 4, 2015 at 9:10 pm

aw Thanks so much Molly, delighted you like my videos 🙂

47. Bev on June 4, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Ok….you literally had my mouth watering as I watched you sample those refreshingly sweet and colorful popsicles!! I’m here in Georgia USA way down south and it is very hot, so these will be perfect to make and eat.

And I really appreciate the variety of natural vs sugar-sweetened because my husband is off processed sugar, so he’ll really enjoy the ones made with fruit only without any guilt. And me, well I can eat them all and I intend to do so cuz I’m making them this weekend!! Another one “out of the ball park” Gemma!! Thanks.

• Gemma Stafford on June 4, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Thank you so much for the lovely note, Bev. Yes, you have so many all-natural options for these recipes. As I mention in the video, you can even substitute honey or maple syrup for the sugar in the creamsicle if you’d like. Stay cool down in Georgia. It’s not too hot yet in Los Angeles but it’s coming. Thank you for watching! 🙂

48. Maureen on June 4, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I love the recipes for the frozen popsicles – I use mango and yoghurt or all mango with a touch of cream.

• Gemma Stafford on June 4, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Thanks so much Maureen, delighted you like them. The mango and yogurt sounds great 🙂

49. Samhita on June 4, 2015 at 11:17 am

This is just gorgeous and adorable!! So healthy as well… such a refreshing summer treat…thanks so much for sharing this..can wait to try this one…thnks again!

• Gemma Stafford on June 4, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Absolutely! So glad you enjoyed the recipe. And as I mention, the possibilities are endless! You can mix and match any flavors you’d like.

50. Pooja Tibrewal on June 4, 2015 at 9:23 am

I m in love with your recipes..
    Thanx Femma for sharing such wonderful bigger bolder recipes

• Gemma Stafford on June 4, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Thank you so much, Pooja! I’m so glad you’re enjoying my baking recipes!

• Ammar Wahab on June 6, 2015 at 5:28 pm

I agree with pooja. I tried all your recipes I really love them. Sometimes I watch them just for fun

• Gemma Stafford on June 6, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Thanks so much, delighted you like my recipe :).

• krisely on June 16, 2015 at 6:43 pm

I am going to try 1 of your recipies
        And Please make a Gingerbreadman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gemma Stafford on June 18, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Hi! Thank you for your notes. It’s not quite Halloween and Christmas but you’ll find a Gingerbread Man/Zombie I made for Halloween and a Gingerbread House (https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/gingerbread-house/) I made last December. I hope you enjoy! 🙂

Write a Comment and Review