Hi Bold Bakers!
This might be one of my boldest videos yet because I’m baking with none other than Jenn from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio. I am beyond thrilled to work with Jenn since she is an incredible cake decorator and one of the YouTube Bakers I admire the most. Her channel Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio is chock-a-block with incredibly decorated cakes, cookies and desserts.
We are making Disney Princess Cupcakes, from Frozen’s Elsa to Sleeping Beauty’s Aurora and many more. I’m showing you how to make amazing colorful marbled cupcakes and Jenn is going to show us how to beautifully decorate them on her YouTube channel.
For these cupcakes I am using my master recipe for Madera cake/Victoria Sponge. In Ireland we call them buns, not cupcakes. Kids in Ireland make a lot of buns and it was the first recipe I ever memorized. It’s so easy to remember I still know it after all these years later.
Once you learn how to make my marbled cupcakes, then go over to Jenn’s channel, Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio to watch how to create the Disney Princesses.
- 1 Cup/225g/8oz butter softened at room temperature
- 1 Cup/225g/8oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ Cups/225g/8oz all purpose flour (plain flour)
- 2 ¼ tsp Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C
- Line a cupcake tins with wrappers, around 12-15.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well combined, then add in the next one. If you mix looks curldes, add in a spoonful of flour.
- Mix in the flour and raising agent using the beater or a large metal spoon until just combined, then stop.
- Divide the mixture between 5 bowls and color blue, pink, yellow, purple, and some plain.
- Spoon 2 colors into the wrappers and mix with a knife to get a marble effect. Fill the wrapper ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin and place onto a wire rack. Once cold store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Decorate your cupcakes however you like them.
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.