Bigger Bolder Baking
LAST MODIFIED: MAY 25, 2018
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
2. Information we Collect
- We may collect, store, and use the below personal information from you when you access or visit the Site:
- User account registration information. This includes any information you voluntarily submit to the Site when you register a User account, including your name, email address, and other contact and profile information.
- Information you submit when contacting the Company. If you contact the Company through email, social media, or a contact form, we will collect the information you submit.
3. How we Share and Use Personal Information
We generally use personal information in order to improve the Site and to provide new and unique content submitted by Users. In particular:
- If you create a User account we may use that information to send you messages about the Site or products we think would be useful to you. You may opt out of Site emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email we send. Please note that you may be unable to unsubscribe from administrative messages without deleting your User account.
- We may use your personal information in order to optimize and customize your site experience as well as to identify and provide information, offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you.
- If you voluntarily participate in any of our surveys, contests, or promotions, we may request additional personal information from you. We may use this information to contact you about the survey, contest, or promotion, to select and notify winners, and offer you products and services or information about the Company.
- We may use your personal information to respond to your inquiries, provide customer service, and manage your account with the Site.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do by law or to defend or prosecute a legal action.
- If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled “Additional Rights of EEA Residents.”
- The Site is designed to be a community based Site that provides valuable information to Users and visitors alike. Because of this, the Site may contain links to third party websites or applications. Some of these links may be submitted by Users. We do not control the third party websites or applications and can make no guarantee as to the safety or security of our visitors when they leave our Site. Please use caution when accessing any third party links.
- We value the security and privacy of our visitors and Users and utilize a variety of electronic and physical measures to protect your personal information from security breaches. However, we cannot guarantee the safety of your personal information and cannot guarantee that networks across which you may transmit information are secure. Therefore, the Company shall under no circumstance be liable for any inadvertent disclosure or breach of your personal information.
- We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we determine that we have collected personal information from a child under the age 13, we will promptly delete that personal information. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We encourage you to contact us with questions or comments. You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us at this address if you believe the personal information we have (as it relates to you) is inaccurate or if you wish to inquire about opting out of certain collection practices.
5. Interest-Based Advertising
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact AdThrive at email@example.com. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences icon. (Available in the EU.)
6. Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following: Kevin Kurtz, 1112 Montana Avenue #862, Santa Monica CA 90403; 424-268-8427; firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Sale of Business or Assets
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
9. Contacting Us
Or write to us at: Kevin Kurtz, 1112 Montana Avenue #862, Santa Monica CA 90403; 424-268-8427; email@example.com.