Hi Bold Bakers!
Did you know you can make toasty, crunchy Granola in the Microwave???? Well, you can and it is incredible.
You won’t beleive that it comes out of the microwave crunchy, just like baked granola but without the wait and wash up. Just mix it in one mug in minutes, pop it into the microwave and you’re done! It is real food made fast in your microwave.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so that’s why you want to fuel yourself with good ingredients that give you energy until lunch time. This granola is dairy free, gluten free and suitable for vegans.
This Microwave Granola in a Mug recipe is totally customizable so add any fruit or nuts you like. If you don’t like coconut then replace it with a seed or nut.
To save you even more time, mix up your granola the night before and then the next day pop it in the microwave and enjoy
Find more Microwave Mug Meals here!
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
Be sure to check out my other Mug Cake, Cookies, Cheesecake & Breakfast recipes & videos:
- 5 Microwave Mug Breakfasts
- Chocolate Mug Cake Trio
- 1 Minute Mug Cake Celebration!
- Original 1 Minute Mug Cakes
- 1 Minute Mug Cakes Sequel
- 1 Minute Mug Cookies
- Microwave Mug Cheesecakes
- 3 Microwave Breakfasts in a Mug
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (honey or agave)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ⅛ teaspoons salt*
- 4 ½ tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon dessicated coconut
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- In the large microwave safe mug, mix the maple syrup, water, oil, salt, oats and nuts until blended.
- Microwave for 1 minutes 30 seconds and stir, making sure to stir up any syrup on the bottom of the mug. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Microwave for 1 minutes longer or until oats are golden brown. You will see them getting golden in color and starting to toast up. Be careful it doesn’t get too hot as it can burn.
- Let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes to cool before eating. If you have extra store in an airtight container for 5 days.
Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
Add 1 chopped tablespoon of dried fruit once microwaved (e.g., raisins, apricots, cranberries)
⅛ teaspoon is simply a ½ of a ¼ teaspoon
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
10 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.