Hi Bold Bakers!
Did you know you can make a quick Bread & Butter Pudding in a Microwave? It is one of my favorite traditional Irish desserts, but this one has a twist…you can make it under 2 minutes in the microwave!
I love recipes that can be made with normal everyday ingredients. If you have a slice of bread, milk and an egg you can make this dessert. Also, if you have friends over then just multiply the recipe and make it for them.
Special thanks to The TODAY Show for making this recipe possible for you. Make sure you WATCH the recipe video and get the full written recipe below.
If you’re new to Bigger Bolder Baking, then welcome and I hope you enjoy my 100+ Baking Videos & Tutorials.
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
For me, Bread & Butter Pudding is the best kind of comfort food. It was often served at our table growing up in Ireland. However, I am no longer in Ireland, nor do I have my Mum making my desserts for me. So that’s why this recipe, and my other mug recipes, come in handy!
When I have a craving and want something fast and easy then I make this version that I created to satisfy my sweet tooth and my busy schedule .
In case you are wondering how it turns out… this pudding is soft, custardy and delicious!
If you like my Microwave Bread & Butter Pudding in a Mug recipe, then check out almost 50 more Mug Recipes:
- Original Microwave Mug Meals
- 5 Microwave Mug Breakfasts
- Chocolate Mug Cake Trio
- 1 Minute Mug Cake Celebration!
- Original 1 Minute Mug Cakes
- 1 Minute Mug Cakes Sequel
- 1 Minute Mug Cookies
- Microwave Mug Cheesecakes
- 3 Microwave Breakfasts in a Mug
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons sugar (or maple syrup)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 5 tablespoons cubed bread, buttered (around 1 slice)
- In your microwavable mug, mix together the milk, egg, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until combined
- Cut your buttered bread into square bite-sized pieces
- Add the bread and raisins to the mug and press them down so they are submerged within the liquid. I like to leave it on the counter for 10 minutes for the bread to soak up the custard
- Microwave for roughly 1-1½ minutes. It does take a little longer than my other microwave cakes. I suggest checking it after 1 minute and go from there. The timing is based on my 1200W microwave so yours might vary.
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.