Hi Bold Bakers!
A S’more does not have to be confined (restricted) between 2 graham crackers and this S’more Baked Alaska is testimony to that.
This Big & Bold frozen dessert has all the components of a S’more but we created a whole new dessert here. Its center is made of my Chocolate No Machine Ice Cream and its base is graham crackers.
The marshmallow layer is none other than my Homemade Marshmallow Fluff. If you haven’t tried it yet put it on your list. Marshmallow Fluff isn’t available worldwide and I couldn’t bear the thought of people going without it so I made my own.
This S’more dessert was inspired by a blog called Livforcake.com. She has S’more desserts to beat the band and beautiful photos to boot.
Plus, this week my first Ice Cream Master Class released called Bigger Bolder Frozen Desserts. In this 2 hour online video class, I teach you how to make traditional custard-style ice cream, gelato, new No Machine Ice Cream recipes and much more! I partnered with Craftsy to create the class and you’ll be able to experience it on any platform, at any time, and even interact with me in their virtual classroom. And especially for my Bold Bakers, you’ll SAVE 50% Off the Class if you sign up now. I hope to see you there!
- 1 cup (8oz/240g) whipping cream
- ½ cup (7oz/200g) condensed milk
- 1 cup (6oz/170g) chocolate
- 1 cup (5oz/130g) cookie crumbs (graham crackers/digestives)
- 5 tablespoons (2 ½ oz/75g) butter, melted
- 1 recipe Marshmallow Fluff
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold
- Beat cold whipping cream using a hand mixer or a stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Now, turn the speed back up high again and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Gently melt the chocolate in the microwave, taking care not letting it get too warm.
- Once the chocolate has cooled swiftly mix in your 1 big spoonful of ice cream base with a spatula. Mix quickly so the chocolate doesn’t set and harden. Fold in the rest of your ice cream base until combined.
- Line a deep bowl with 2 layers of cling wrap
- Pour in the chocolate ice cream into the bowl and tap on the counter to release air bubbles. Place in the freezer while you prepare the cookie layer.
- Blend the cookies until they are fine crumbs.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix together.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and gently press the cookie base ontop of the ice cream. It won’t be frozen yet so just take care not to push too hard
- Place it back in the freezer and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours but preferably overnight just to make sure it is frozen well.
- When you are ready to serve your baked Alaska pipe or spoon over the Marshmallow fluff.
- To toast, place it under a grill or broiler and VERY CAREFULLY get nice color all over the baked Alaska. Do not walk way at this point, you have to keep a close eye on it. You can also use a chef's torch to toast it up.
- Serve straight away and enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.