Hi Bold Bakers!
You know what’s better than a cookie and more irresistible than a brownie? It’s my Chocolate Brownie Cookies! This cookie recipe is a game changer. Imagine the chocolate fudge center you get from my Best Ever Brownie Recipe and the crispy, soft baked outside you get in my Crazy Cookie Dough merged into one. My Chocolate Brownie Cookies are perfect for all kinds or celebrations and occasions whether you’re doing some holiday baking or looking to give someone a very generous and chocolatey gift.
These Chocolate Brownie Cookies are so simple to make. This recipe is made in one bowl with no mixers or fancy equipment–that’s what I call Bold Baking! The magic of these cookies comes from the combination of white and brown sugar which add lots of depth to the flavor and additional chew from the molasses in the brown sugar. But really what makes these cookies off the charts is one whole cup of good quality cocoa powder as well as chocolate chips. If you’re a chocoholic then these cookies are made for you.
You never have to choose between a brownie and a cookie again, instead give my Chocolate Brownie Cookies a whirl. Be warned they are big, BOLD, rich and delicious!
As a special offer, get $30 off your first week of deliveries at HelloFresh, the meal kit delivery service that gives you delicious recipes and pre-measured ingredients delivered straight to your door. Go to HelloFresh.com and enter the promo code: gemmastafford30.
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (3oz/90g) brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3oz/90g) butter
- 2 large eggs*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4oz/120g) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3oz/90g) chocolate chips
- Combine the sugars and butter in a microwavable bowl (or in a pot on the stove). Heat until the butter has melted. Remove from heat and beat well with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes. (I tried doing this recipe without an electric mixer and my cookies came out really flat)
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes (this, along with melting the butter and sugar, helps create a crackly crust on top of the cookies).
- Stir together the cocoa powder and salt and add them to the batter. Beat for another 30 seconds. Lastly fold in the chocolate chips. The batter will be soft but refrigerate it for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180oC). When the cookie dough is stiff scoop 12 cookies onto a baking tray lined with parchment. Round the dough in your hands and press to flatten down just a little. Toss a few more chocolate chips on top it you wish.
- Bake cookies for about 12-13 minutes. When baked they might look 'uncooked' but they are not, they are perfectly fudgy on the inside.
- Set aside to cool down and enjoy fresh. Store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
* You can always replace the eggs with one of my egg substitutes. Get my Egg Substitutes Chart.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
29 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.