My chef-tested, Best Ever Brownie recipe is everything you’d want: ooey-gooey, fudgy, and oh so delicious!
Hi Bold Bakers!
Now, I know the internet is full of “Best Ever” claims and “the ultimate” recipes but this really is be-all and end-all of fudge brownie recipes! My Best Ever Brownie recipe is chef-tested for over 15 years, and has been recreated and enjoyed by thousands of Bold Bakers just like you–just check out the photos submitted by the community further below. Follow my recipe and techniques and you’ll have your new go-to brownie recipe.
What Ingredients Do you Need for Brownies?
In my brownies recipe, I’m all about that crisp crackly top, ooey -gooey fudge-like center, studded with chunks of molten chocolate and that’s exactly what you’ll get here.! These Best Ever Brownies really live up to their name as they feature:
- High-quality unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted so you don’t have any lumps in your batter.
- Both white sugar and brown sugar.
- Flavorless oil, which makes these brownies moist and fudgy.
- Eggs, but you can always use my egg substitute chart for brownies.
- All purpose flour, but you can substitute gluten free all purpose flour or almond flour 1:1
- And more than a cup of rich bittersweet chocolate chunks (ideally a chocolate with 72% cocoa solids or more for a nice balance of bitter and sweet).
How to Make The Best Ever Brownie Recipe
- These brownies require just one bowl and no special mixers so no more boxed mixes for you!
- Once you add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, gently fold them together. You don’t want to beat in flour or it will toughen your baked goods, so gently combine and stop.
- Be careful not to over bake your brownies. You know when your brownies are perfectly cooked when they’re firm around the edges but they’re still soft to the touch in the middle.
- After baking, let your brownie relax at room temperature for best results.
- Follow my recipe exactly for perfect fudgy results, then you can always experiment next time.
Do Brownies Need A leavening Agent?
For the perfect fudgy Brownie, you will not need baking powder or baking soda. Leavening agents make for more of a cakey texture and these brownies are all fudge!
If you love brownies, and my Best Ever recipes, then you’ll have to try these recipes:
And be sure to follow me on Facebook for video recipes everyday!
My chef-tested, Best Ever Brownies recipe are everything you'd want: ooey-gooey, fudge-like, and oh so delicious!
- 1 cup (8oz/227g) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (6 1/4oz/184g) brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 1/4oz/244g) white sugar
- 4 large eggs , room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (5oz/150g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (4oz/123g) good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup (9oz/270g) roughly chopped chocolate or large chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) then line a 7x11 inch baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, oil and both sugars.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and salt then whisk for about one minute until evenly combined and light in color.
- Over the same bowl sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over mix). Fold in half of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then smooth the top. Generously top with the remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing from the baking tray and slicing into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
Watch the Recipe Video!
Store at room temperature for 3 days or freeze.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
166 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.