Hi Bold Bakers!
A great recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies is a must so I had to share mine here! Plus, you can make GIANT Single-Serving versions of this recipe and many more!
Do you know those times when you want a freshly-baked warm cookie but you don’t want to make a whole batch? Or you just have a small amount of flour and 1 egg left in your fridge? Well, I have come up with a solution: A recipe that will yield you just 1 perfect Big and Bold cookie, and possibly the nicest cookie you have ever had. You will have a freshly-baked cookie in less time than it will take to preheat the oven.
I have 3 amazing single-serving cookies – a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie, Soft Sugar Cookie, and a Double Chocolate Chip Cookie
These cookies are the perfect amount for a single serving. I am a big fan of single-serving recipes, just like my selection of mug cakes. So if you are in a rush, or want just one cookie after school or work, then this is a great recipe for you.
A Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie
This cookie is so lovely because it has that gooey, almost underdone mildde with crispy edges, which equals cookie perfection!
- 2 Tbsp (1oz/30g) butter
- 3 Tbsp light-brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp whisked egg*
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp baking soda (this is a ½ of a ¼ tsp)
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Place butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl and melt
- To the melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, 1 tbsp egg, the vanilla, flour and baking soda. Stir with a spoon until well combined, about 20 - 30 seconds.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into a 3-inch disk on parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until cookie is golden. You don’t want to over bake your cookie so it stays soft and doughie in the middle.
- Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container.
*If you don’t have brown sugar you can use white
Get the recipes for my other GIANT Single-Serving Cookies!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
7 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.