This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Wow, I do love a good dessert fondue bar! Butterscotch Fondue is a personal favorite and my Butterscotch Dessert Fondue will soon be a favorite of yours too! Usually you see dessert fondue at parties and events but this simple treat is so easy there’s no reason not to make it at home. I’ve swapped out the classic chocolate dessert fondue for my lovely and rich Butterscotch Sauce and, man is it a hit in my house.
Not only is my Butterscotch Fondue super simple to make but it’s really fun to share with someone special. Instead of fussing around in the kitchen trying to impress, you could be making dessert into a fun Date Night activity. I can’t think of a better way to end the evening than dipping lovely little bits of cake, fresh fruit and marshmallows into this rich Butterscotch Sauce. This is such a great way to spend time in the kitchen with your partner. And this sauce also makes a great ice cream topping.
Whether you choose fruit, cake, candy or chocolate, this dip will be a big hit. The Butterscotch sauce is as simple as combining things you most likely have in your kitchen. Butter, cream, brown sugar, vanilla and salt plus a few minutes cooking–then voila, you have this decadent sauce. In the time it takes you to make the sauce you can prepare a number of fruit skewers, cubes of cake and marshmallows. Trust me, this dessert will have them swooning!
Want to learn the story of how my husband, Kevin, and I met? Watch our recipe video below and find out how we met on Match.com. And if you’re dating, get a 7-Day FREE Trial on Match.com!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Butterscotch Dessert Fondue Recipe
- 2/3 cup (5floz/142ml) cream
- 4 tablespoons (2oz/60g) butter
- 1/2 cup (3oz/85g) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Donut holes
- Pound cake
- Fruit (strawberries, banana, raspberries etc)
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Over low heat cook until the sugar has dissolved, do not boil
- Bring the sauce to a simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Take off the heat and whisk in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Serve warm or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.