Hi Bold Bakers!
For me Hot Chocolate says Christmas. And my Hot Chocolate Truffles say HAPPY Christmas! I love how people take the time to do something special for their family and friends at this time of year. I like wrapping gifts with pretty ribbons, dropping by to visit friends and family, and sharing lots of meals and holiday baking. This year I created a ton of Holiday Baking Recipes for you and your family to enjoy. My Hot Chocolate Truffles recipe is one of the best, and a great way to show someone special that you care!
Imagine a little chocolate flavor bomb you drop into warm milk whenever friends come around, allowing you to make the most decadent hot chocolate in minutes! Well these Hot Chocolate Truffles are just that. They look like a chocolate truffle, and can be enjoyed by themselves, but they are also the base to a super rich and indulgent holiday hot chocolate.
These Hot Chocolate Truffles start with basic Chocolate Ganache. (Ganache is super handy, check out these 3 Ways to use Chocolate Ganache). First you melt together good quality chocolate and cream, then you pop it into the fridge to set. After about an hour you scoop your truffles out and roll them in your coating of choice.
The creative finish is to roll each Hot Chocolate Truffle in the topping of your choice. If you like a peppermint hot chocolate, roll your truffle in crushed peppermint candies. If you like marshmallows in your cocoa just roll your truffles in mini marshmallow. It really is that easy. You keep these perfect little Hot Chocolate Truffles in the fridge and whenever you want that extra special holiday drink, just pop these into a mug of hot milk.
Have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? There you will find every recipe you could possibly need for the Holidays including Easy Sugar Cookies, my Last Minute Christmas Pudding, and more edible gifts!
- 2 cups (12oz/340g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8floz/225ml) cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional Toppings:
- Cocoa powder
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Place all ingredients in a pot and melt together on low heat. Stir to combine.
- Let ganache mixture cool in the fridge until stiff enough to scoop.
- Make small scoops, about 2 tablespoons each. Place on a baking trey in the freezer for one hour.
- Remove scoops form the freezer and roll into balls.
- Roll in your choice of topping: Crushed peppermint candy, cocoa powder, cinnamon, mini marshmallows (If you try the mini marshmallows, you really have to push the marshmallows into the chocolate balls).
- Store the truffles in an container at room temperature or in the fridge. Either is fine. The will keep fresh for 1 weeks at room temperature and 4 weeks in the fridge.
- When ready, drop chocolate balls into 1 ½ cups of hot milk and stir!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.