This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I don’t need to tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We all know how important it is to start off the day with a homemade nutritious meal. I wish I could wake up every day and make Kevin and I a homemade breakfast. The reality is most of our mornings are packed and we just have to grab and go, or even worse, we skip breakfast all together. With my Make Ahead Microwave Mug Quiche, you never have to worry about your breakfast again.
My Microwave Mug Quiche will blow you away. This is no egg hack or imitation, this Quiche is complete with savory crust, gooey cheese and salty ham. This is the prefect single-serving breakfast. I love to meal prep a few of these over the weekend that way when the busy week arrives I’m ready.
Preparing this Microwave Mug Quiche only takes minutes. I start with just a few simple ingredient in the bottom of my mug to make the crust. On top of that I crack an egg, add a splash of milk and my favorite part–the ham and cheese. To save it for later, I simply cover it up with cling wrap and pop it into the fridge.
The next morning all I do is scramble my eggs and microwave this baby for just 2 minutes. Who could resist a homemade breakfast that takes less than 5 minutes to make and cook? This make ahead rendition of a Microwave Mug Quiche will make your mornings easy and get our day off to a great start.
Get almost 100 more Mug Recipes on Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection page!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Microwave Mug Quiche Recipe
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg , beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk (or water)
- 2 tablespoon cheese , grated
- 1 tablespoon cooked ham , chopped
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a microwavable mug
- Add in the milk and oil with mix together. There might be some lumps but that is ok. This is the pastry layer of your quiche.
- On top of the "pastry layer" add in your egg, milk (or water), cheese and ham. Mix all together gently while not disturbing the pastry layer.
- Microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds - 2 minutes, or until it rises up and the egg is cooked and firm on top.
- Enjoy straight away!