Hi Bold Bakers!
Did you know you could make your own Homemade Sprinkles?
When I made my own Homemade Fondant I ended up with leftovers that I didn’t want to waste. So I colored it, rolled it out and made my own Homemade Sprinkles, it was that easy! Learn how in the video and post below. And make sure to Sign Up for the Bigger Bolder Baking Community to get exclusive content and the latest Bold Baking news!
Color and shape the fondant any color you want depending on your baking project. Maybe you just want some pink sprinkles for a baby shower? Then you can create different shades of pink and in cute shapes.
I rolled out all of my fondant and cut it into sprinkles with a simple piping tip, because even if I don’t need it now I have it on hand for any “Cake Emergency” where I need a splash of elegance and color in a hurry. Best thing is they will last for months in an airtight container.
Every cake needs sprinkles. They elevate the look of your cake, add color and always make desserts automatically look better.
I have expressed before that I am not a great cake decorator so I like to use little tricks to get big results, like using a butter knife to decorate my Funfetti Cake cake or the back of a spoon to decorate my Best Ever Chocolate Cake. Adding these Sprinkles on top transformed my dessert from a regular cake to a cake that screams celebration!
The best thing is you can make the color you want for your desserts and the exact shapes you need. It’s great to tell people you made your cake from scratch, including the sprinkles! I mean, who does that? We do on Bigger Bolder Baking! 🙂
- left over scraps of Fondant
- Food dye if you wish to color the fondant
- If you want colored sprinkles add a little bit of food coloring using a tooth pick to your soft fondant.
- Knead the fondant on the counter to work the color through evenly
- on a counter dusted with icing sugar, roll out your scraps of fondant thin
- Using a piping nozzle cut out your sprinkles. Let them build up in the nozzle before tipping them out.
- Use whatever size piping nozzle you wish
- Use different cutters and sizes to customize your sprinkles
- Leave the sprinkles on a tray to dry out for a few hours
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for months.