This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Chocolate pudding is one of my all time favorite desserts. It definitely comes down to the richness and soft, creamy texture. I’m all about consistency when it comes to desserts so this one ticks all the boxes.
I thought I would Irish it up this Saint Patrick’s Day and put a big splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream into my chocolate pudding. If you have had Bailey’s before you will know it is more creamy then anything. It has the smoothness of a liquor without a very boozy flavor. It makes a great addition to desserts and drinks, especially when they are chocolate based.
The chocolate I use to make my pudding has 72% cocoa solids. You want a dark, rich chocolate because it will make your chocolate pudding even more decadent. Quality ingredients will always make your desserts stand out from the rest.
Back to texture, I serve my pudding with whipped cream on top. The reason I do this is to get even more soft, smooth texture but also the cream will balance out the sweet chocolate.
I made this recipe with Skyy from Tipsy Bartender. They have new recipes inspired by spirits everyday so make sure you check them out on Facebook.
Want even more Irish recipes for Saint Patrick’s day? Check out my Top 5 Traditional Irish Desserts.
Bailey's Chocolate Pudding
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1oz/30g) Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups (16floz/480ml) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons (1oz/30g) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz. dark chocolate , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- whipped cream , for garnish
- chocolate shavings , for garnish
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch to a medium saucepan. Pour in the milk and whisk to combine.
- Heat over medium low heat until the pudding thickens and comes to a low boil, whisking almost constantly. When thickened, stir in the butter and continue to stir for another minute or two.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, chopped chocolate, Baileys and salt. Stir really well until the chocolate is completely melted and the Irish Cream and vanilla are incorporated. Set aside to cool. Place in the fridge for 4 hours minimum to thicken.
- Pour into 4 individual dishes. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.