Hi Bold Bakers!
You cannot go through the Holiday season without drinking your fair share of Hot Chocolate!
This Hot Chocolate is the best because you make a base of chocolate and then over the Holidays you can whip up fresh batches as guests arrives or your sweettooth kicks in.
You know when you drink a thick, rich hot Chocolate and wonder how they make it? This is that recipe. The secret is REAL dark chocolate.
Using a dark chocolate will give this Hot Chocolate so much depth and richness. And as always use good quality chocolate with around 72% cocoa solids.
The beauty of Hot Chocolate is that it welcomes additions; they just make it better. Marshmallows are a given, of course, but get creative and pour some of my Signature Salted Caramel Sauce into the base and top with some whipped cream.
Or if you like the combination of chocolate and peppermint then place a candy cane on the side of your mug and use it as a stirrer.You get a lovely hint of mint as it melts.
Be sure to subscribe to my FREE Newsletter for more exclusive recipes like this one!
Find more Holiday Recipes Here!
- 1 Cup (8oz/225g) fresh cream
- 8 oz Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- To make the Hot Chocolate mix
- ½ Cup (4oz/115g) Chocolate base
- ¼ Cup (2oz/ 60g) Milk*
- To make the hot chocolate base
- In a heavy bottomed pot bring the cream to the boil. As it starts to boil pull it off the heat
- Whisk in the chopped choclate
- Strain the mix through a fine sieve to get a fine chocolate base
- Chill you chocolate base in the fridge for up to 10 days
- To make your hot chocolate drink
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat combine ¼ cup hot chocolate base with a ¼ cup milk. Heat until hot, do not allow to boil
- Pour and serve with marshmallows, whipped cream if you are feeling a little extra indulgent Enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.