Hi Bold Bakers!
Peppermint is one of my favorite holiday flavors so these Peppermint Candy Spoons are a tasty and impressive thing to make for this Holiday Season. Your friends and family will not believe you made these at home. You will be the STAR baker! Most of the time when we think of peppermint treats, we think of crushing up candies and adding them to chocolate bark, or topping holiday drinks. Now you will have a fabulous and novel way to add this great flavor to your hot holiday drinks and style to the Christmas table.
This easy method for making Peppermint Candy Spoons is more of a technique than a recipe. It’s one I love to use around the holidays to bring things like hot chocolate, cocoa, coffee, and even winter cocktails to the next level. All you need to make this awesome little treat is classic red and white peppermint candies and a Silicone Spoon Shaped Mold.
I bought this mold online and I love it! All you have to do is crush up the candies in a food processor, or by hand, and fill the spoon mold with the peppermint candy crumbs. After a quick melt in the oven the peppermint crumbs take the shape of the spoons beautifully.
Once these Peppermint Candy Spoons are set they are the perfect addition to any holiday dessert spread. I love to give these as a gift along with my Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix, and of course to serve them after dinner with coffees and mochas. This simple idea shows that when it comes to the holidays it is the thoughtful little extras that make all the difference.
Have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? There you will find every recipe you could possibly need for the Holidays including Easy Sugar Cookies, my Last Minute Christmas Pudding, and more edible gifts!
- 1 bag round peppermint candies (about 36)
- Preheat oven to 300oF (150oC). Unwrap candies and place in a food processor or pestle and mortar. Process until finely chopped almost to a powder.
- Spoon the chopped candies into the cavities of your mold, going above the fill line (candy will settle considerably once it starts to melt). Place mold on a baking sheet and put in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove mold, on the sheet,from oven and sprinkle some more candies into the molds wherever there are gaps or spaces. Return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Cool completely and gently remove spoons from molds. Spoons will last several months when covered and stored at room temperature.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.