This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
We are mixing things up this Easter and having our cake for breakfast! I’m going to show you an insane recipe for thick and fluffy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting! They are everything you love about delicious Carrot Cake but now you can eat them for breakfast!
Some of you may not know but I had a breakfast catering business in San Francisco where I would make these ridiculous, over-the-top breakfasts. A lot of Bigger Bolder Baking recipes were inspired from that time, like my Red Velvet Pancakes and Churro Waffles and of course these Carrot Cake Pancakes.
So how do you make a Perfect Pancake? You know those thick and fluffy American Pancakes you have had in restaurants but can’t seem to make them the same at home. I know the tips and tricks, and it’s in this video for Perfect Pancakes. I did a whole video on how to make the most amazing pancakes because I think everyone should know how easy it is. Follow my steps and you will have great success every time.
Carrot Cake Pancakes are moist and soft, just like the cake.
They are a beautiful orange color and like the cake the flavor of carrot is mild, but still delicious.
Carrot Cake Pancakes paired with Cream Cheese Frosting really brings the whole Carrot Cake experience together.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups (5 ½oz /150g) chopped carrots
- 1 ¼ cups (10floz/280ml) milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 ¼ cups (6 ¼oz/180g) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (1 ½ oz / 45g) brown sugar*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (2floz/57ml) heavy cream
- In a blender add in chopped carrots and pulse until fine.
- To the carrots, add the milk, vanilla, egg, raisins and pulse until well blended and the mix turns orange. The mix will get thick.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the carrot mixture and oil to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Don't over-mix or your pancakes will end up flat and tough.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. It’s important to have a steady medium heat for cooking pancakes. When griddle is hot, add a little butter.
- Scoop a big spoonful of batter onto the griddle. Cook on first side until bubbles form all over the top of the pancake and the edges begin to change color. These bubbles are important to hold up your pancake.
- Flip pancake and cook 1 to 2 minutes on second side.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting: Place the cream cheese, sugarand vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer or hand mixer and beat until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add in the cream and continue to beat until the mix thickens, around 2 minutes.
- Serve a big dollop of the Cream Cheese Frosting on top of your pancakes, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle over some toasted walnuts. Everything combined makes the most incredible stack of pancakes.