Hi Bold Bakers!
As all of you know being Bold in the kitchen starts with a good foundation! From knowing the basics of how to create a crumb layer and decorate a cake to keeping a few classic recipes up your sleeve, there are some things every good baker has on hand!
One of the most important things every great baker has perfected is frosting! From deep flavor to rich texture, frosting is so important and not to be overlooked! Frosting is not just about decorating it’s about taste. Finding the perfect balance between the right consistency and creamy sweetness is not always easy to achieve. Well, I am here to share ultimate chocolate frosting recipe!
My recipe for Chocolate Fudge Frosting doesn’t have the word Fudge in it for nothing. This recipe is the perfect marriage of sweet whipped butter, over a hefty cup of cocoa powder, creamy milk and sweet powdered sugar. After mastering the mixing process and ratio of ingredients, I can easily say this recipe is perfect.
This Chocolate Fudge Frosting can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the fridge, great for any baker to have on hand. It is perfect for frosting my Best Ever Chocolate Cake or layering it in my Three Layer S’more Cake but also makes a lovely filling or topping for lots of desserts. I cannot wait for all you Bold Bakers to whip this up!
Do you have a Master Recipe for Buttercream? You do now!
- 1 cup (240g/8oz) butter, at room temperature
- 6 cups (1lb 8oz/675g ) powdered sugar, SIFTED
- 1⅓ cup (120g/4oz) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (51/2floz/165g) whole milk
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat room temperature butter until lightly fluffy. Add the sifted powdered sugar 1 spoon at a time and mix well. It will get light in color and bigger in volume.
- Add vanilla and cocoa, and the milk, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you work.
- Turn mixer on medium high. Beat frosting until light, fluffy and of spreading consistency.
- If the frosting is too thick, slowly add more milk or half and half, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- You can use the frosting immediately, or store it in the refrigerator for 3 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.