Hi Bold Bakers!
Working as a professional chef I have learned a lot of tips and tricks over the years. Now I’m going to show you a Bold Baking Basic recipe that I get the most requests and queries about: How to Make the Best Ever Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
Now, it’s very frustrating when you go out and buy butter and sugar (ingredients that aren’t cheap) and you don’t get the results you want. Over the years I have made frosting after frosting and they never turned out the same although it was always the same recipe. I realized it wasn’t the recipe I had to master but the technique. Follow my steps and you will have success every time.
The technique to making my Best-Ever Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is simple: watch my video below, follow the few simple steps carefully, re-watch my video, and have confidence that you will nail this recipe.
I use Buttercream Frosting for a lot of my cake decorating. I find it easy to work with gives great results. Do you have a birthday coming up and you need to make the cake? Try my Vanilla Birthday Cake recipe. It is covered in sprinkles so if you are an advanced or a beginner Bold Baker you will breeze through this cake.
I also use this tasty buttercream frosting to stuff Homemade Oreos , yes… Homemade Oreos. Let’s just say you won’t be buying store bought again.
Be sure sign up for my FREE Newsletter for more Bold Baking Tips every week!
- 1½ cups (340g/12oz) butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 ¼ cups (360g/12oz) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from one vanilla bean pod (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or cream
- pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or using an electric hand mixer whip the butter until light and creamy for about 7-8 minutes on medium/high speed.
- Once the butter is pale in color and light slowly add in the confectioners' sugar one spoon at a time on medium speed. Let the sugar fully incorporate before adding in more sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, salt and cream.
- Whip on high speed for another 3-4 minutes until very light, creamy, and fluffy.
- Use the buttercream straight away for keep it refrigerated for upto 4 weeks. Before use make sure it comes to room temperature.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
17 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.