Hi Bold Bakers!
This is a simple and amazing dessert for Easter featuring lovely, thick Chocolate Mousse. I’ll show you how easy it is to make it BIG & BOLD into an impressive dessert for your Easter or any special event!
- 8 oz Good quality chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Cup Warm water
- 6 Whole Eggs, separated
- Cookie dirt
- 10 Oreo cookies (without the centre)
- Strawberry Carrots
- 8 oz White chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp Veg/canola oil
- 2 Drops s Orange food coloring
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and put over simmer water ( ban Marie) to melt
- Gently stir until melted
- Remove rom the heat and cool
- Whisk the eggs whites in a large clean bowl until stiff peeks form
- Whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate mix until combined
- Then gently fold in the egg whites into the chocolate mix also. Start by folding in 1 spoonful to loosen the mix, then fold in the rest
- Spoon the mousse into your prepared, lined pots. Fill up to the top to make for nice presentation
- For you cookie 'dirt' crumbs
- In a food processor or with a rolling pin make crumbs with your cookies. Leave some texture in your crumb so it looks like real lumps of dirt
- For the Strawberry Carrots
- Gently melt your white chocolate ( if microwaving do short intervals as it burns easily)
- Mix in the oil and food coloring. If it is a bit too thick then add a little more oil. It should be runny. If you need to add more food coloring do until you reach your desired orange
- Pull back the hull so you don't get chocolate in it and it keeps green.
- Roll the strawberry and the edge of the bowl to get a good, clean coating of chocolate. Lift out, shake off any excess chocolate and lay to set on parchment paper
- Roll the strawberry in chocolate as close to the hull as possible so you can't see any strawberry left
- I drizzled over lines on my carrots to make them look more authentic. Do this using a little piping bag or drizzle the chocolate off a spoon. You may need to reheat the chocolate to thin it out
- ( I know that when you try this you will realize it is not as easy as I make it sound. My first batch looks pretty sad. The second one was much better. You will get the hang of it 🙂
- The Assembly
- Generously scatter the cookie 'dirt' over the chocolate mousse
- Stick the strawberry 'carrot' in the dirt so it looks like it's growing out of the pot
- To really impress your family and friends, pick up some fun Easter bits at a craft store and decorate a plate with chicks, eggs and all things Easter
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.