Hi Bold Bakers!
Edible Cookie Dough is a trend that has been around a while but we like to do things well, bolder here on Bigger Bolder Baking. That’s why my Crazy Edible Cookie Dough is a new food trend that is here to stay. I do not know a single person who doesn’t taste that unbaked cookie dough when making cookies. I too have struggled with that voice in my head that wants to back off baking the cookies and just eat the dough! After a few tweaks I came up with this insane recipe for Crazy Edible Cookie Dough! This is one basic Edible Cookie Dough you can flavor with all of your favorite cookie mix-ins. In other words, dreams really do come true!
First of all, making my base Crazy Edible Cookie Dough is no fuss at all and you likely have everything in your kitchen right now. Just like regular cookie dough, I mix up butter and combine brown sugar then add flour, milk, salt and vanilla. So how is this an edible cookie dough? For one, it’s eggless. Also, you can heat treat the flour in the oven or microwave. Then fun starts here, and it is endless. I love taking this Crazy Edible Cookie Dough base and adding all kinds of glorious sweets including a few of my flavor suggestions below.
Brownie Batter Edible Cookie Dough
This first flavor is for all you chocolate lovers out there. It is made by adding cocoa powder and bits of crumbed brownie, transforming this simple edible dough into an Edible Brownie Batter masterpiece
Fluffer Nutter Edible Cookie Dough
So what is a fluffer nutter? It’s usually a sandwich served on white bread made with marshmallow creme and peanut butter. I took those same flavors and made a fluffy, peanut buttery Fluffer Nutter Edible Cookie Dough.
Monster Cookie Edible Cookie Dough
Last but certainly not least, this edible cookie dough has everything but the kitchen sink. Go really crazy and add M&Ms, peanut butter, chocolate chips and whatever else you want to make this Monster Cookie Edible Cookie Dough.
The best part about my Crazy Edible Cookie Dough is the flavor possibilities are truly endless. I hope you give my flavors a go and let me know your crazy creation ideas in the comments.
Get more of my Crazy Recipes!
Plus, you will not want to miss this special episode of Bigger Bolder Baking featuring actor/baker Josh Snyder and his wife Angela Kinsey from my favorite TV show The Office! Together they have an online show called Baking with Josh & Ange that you have to check out. We had a lot of fun making crazy flavors in my video that you will not want to miss. Plus you can watch me make Cookie Pizzas with Josh & Ange on their channel. All the details are in the video below.
- 2 sticks (8oz/240g) butter, softened
- ¾ cup (41/2oz/135g)) brown sugar
- ¾ cup (6oz/180g) white sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups (10oz/300g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (1oz/30g) milk
- ¼ cup (2oz/60g) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (2oz/60g) marshmallow fluff
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 brownies (about ½ cup), crumbled
- 2 tablespoons M & Ms
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (2oz/60g) peanut butter
- Before making your cookie dough, heat treat your flour by microwaving it on high for 1 minute or toasting it in the oven on a baking tray for 5 minutes at 350oF (180oC).
- With your mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add in vanilla and flour and mix until evenly combined, the mixture is going to be crumbly at this point like regular cookie dough.
- Add in the milk and mix. Now the dough will look like the cookie dough you’re used to seeing.
- Divide the dough evenly between 3 bowls. Add in your desired mix-ins creating your crazy edible cookie dough flavors, enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
1 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.