You only need this Muffin recipe to make endless flavors. Enjoy Blueberry Muffins, Banana Muffins, Double Chocolate Chip, and any flavor you like!
Hi Bold Bakers!
You asked, “Can you make Crazy Muffins?” and I said OF COURSE! One of my favorite things to do is create master recipes for classics we all know and love that allow you Bold Bakers to get creative and make things your own. My Crazy Muffin recipe allows you to do just that. Similar to my super popular Crazy Cookie Dough Recipe and Crazy Dough Bread Series, this Crazy Muffins Recipe is the be all and end all of muffins.
When I think of the ultimate muffin I think of a giant bakery style creation complete with a super tall crackly muffin top and fabulous moist interior. These Crazy Muffins are all that and SO much more. What makes these muffins crazy? It is the perfect ratio of flour, sugar, egg, vegetable oil and buttermilk so every muffin has the perfect texture, just the right amount of sweetness, and a big and bold muffin top.
Just like my Crazy Dough and Crazy Cookie recipes, this recipe starts with a plain vanilla base flavor that allows you to add in whatever you fancy to create your favorite bakery style muffin at home. All the recipes for the flavors below are just suggestions. Get creative and be BOLD!
Blueberry and Oat Muffins
Sweet blueberries add incredible color and lovely natural sweetness while the oats make these go-to Blueberry Muffins.
Double Chocolate Muffins
Deep cocoa powder and chocolate chips make this the boldest of the bunch.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Grated apple gives you a fresh fruit flavor and the Cinnamon adds roasty toasty warmth to these Apple Cinnamon Muffins.
Carrot Cake Muffins
Just a bit of grated carrot, cinnamon and raisins are added to your base Muffin batter to make the ultimate Carrot Cake Muffins!
Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins
Tart and sweet, these Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins will start your day out right.
Banana Nut Muffins
Mashed banana and chopped nuts are all you need to make my hearty and wholesome Banana Nut Muffins.
The beauty of my Crazy Muffin recipe, and all my other crazy recipes is that you to start with a blank canvas. This allows you to get creative, and experiment with your own additions to my Crazy Muffins. Have fun and make sure to review this recipe and share your Crazy Muffins creations with me in the comments below.
And don’t miss the rest of my Crazy Series:
Get My New Recipes & Videos Emailed to You Every Week!
- 2 1 ⁄2 cups (12 1/2oz/354g) all purpose flour
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ⁄4 cup (6oz/180g) sugar
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 cup (8floz/240ml) buttermilk
- 1 ⁄2 cup (4floz/120ml) flavorless oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract , optional
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 of a mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans ( or walnuts)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated apple
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350oF (180oC) and grease a 6 well muffin tin or cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a jug whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Once you have you batter you can start making your flavors. Scoop a heaped 1/3 cup of batter into a bowl and proceed to add in the flavors you want. If you want to make all the batch the same flavor then multiply the mix'ins by 6.
- After adding your desired flavoring spoon the batter into the greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container. These will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Watch the Recipe Video!
Don't eat eggs, use my egg substitutes chart for cupcake substitutions.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
113 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.