Hi Bold Bakers!
Growing up in Ireland, Easter was a big holiday for us filled with copious amounts of chocolate eggs to beat the band. I can’t imagine an Easter celebration without a chocolate dessert on the table.
These Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes tastes like a Brownie but they look like a Cake; it’s the best of both worlds! Also, because they are flourless they would also make a fantastic Passover Dessert as well as an Easter dessert. 2 birds 1 stone. BOOM!
This is my favorite, insanely good Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe that I modified to make a small batch that yields 4 Big & Bold cupcakes. My cupcake recipes are the perfect size to fit in a toaster oven however they can also be made in a regular oven too.
Toaster ovens are fantastic pieces of kitchen equipment and are great for baking. Often they are used in shared living spaces, dorms or by people with limited kitchens but I think they are great for everyone. The timing and temperature for your toaster oven will be the same as your regular oven.
I’ll show you how easy it is to decorate this cupcake into an amazing result!
There are no special skills needed, just a large round piping nozzle, coconut and little eggies. Simple.
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
- 1/4 cup (2oz/50g) chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (2oz/55g) butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup (3oz/80g) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup (1oz/ 40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Chocolate Fudge Frosting Recipe
- ½ cup (120g/4oz) butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (6oz/170g) powdered sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup (30g/1oz) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- Coconut , shredded and toasted
- Chocolate eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350oF/180oC.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chocolate and melt in 30 second increments until the butter and chocolate have melted.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift the cocoa powder and salt into the mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner ⅔ full.
- Bake until the tops are set, about 15 minutes. Take care not to over bake as they will not be as fudgy.
- Let fully cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 3 minutes until light and creamy. Add the sugar while the mixer running. Increase to high speed and continue beating until the buttercream is light and fluffy. Add in the milk, cocoa powder and vanilla and whip in.
- To Decorate: Put your buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle and pipe around the top of the cupcakes. Scatter toasted coconut in the middle for the nest and top with your chocolate eggs.
- Once decorated store the cupcakes in the fridge for up to 4 days. Let them reach room temperature before eating.
If you don’t have a small cupcake tray use silicone cupcake liners
Eggs: Replace the egg with the same amount of apple sauce/puree or banana
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
5 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.