Hi Bold Bakers!
Lately I’ve received a lot of requests for healthier versions of your favorite treats. My Healthy Homemade Mounds Bars, also known as Bounty Bars, are the latest in my Bold Baking Guilt Free recipes. If you loved Mounds or Bounty Bars as a kid then this recipe is for you.
My Healthy Homemade Mound Bars are an incredible treat full of creamy coconut flavor with a nice chew and of course that chocolatey exterior. Once you make these, your friends and family will be hooked, they will be back for more. The best thing is they are full of all-natural ingredients you probably know and love.
To make my Healthy Homemade Mound Bars all you have to do is simply blitz up some shredded coconut, maple syrup and coconut oil. It really is a foolproof recipe as the food processor does most of the work. After the coconut center is made I transfer it to a baking tray to set into one large square. After a short time in the fridge I cut the coconut into generous bars, and dip in rich melted chocolate.
My Healthy Homemade Mounds keep really well in the refrigerator for week and they make great edible gifts.
Get more Bold Baking Guilt Free Desserts including my Healthy Homemade Peanut Butters Cups & Healthy Brownies!
- 2 cups (6oz/170g) shredded coconut (Desiccated coconut)
- ¼ cup (11/2oz/71g) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (41/2oz/128g) chocolate chips
- Line an d 8 x 8 inch baking tray with parchment paper and set aside,
- Process all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Press the coconut filling into the tin and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until the mix have set firm.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate coating by melting chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals or in heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Once the coconut center has set, remove from the tin by lifting up the parchment paper. Cut the hardened coconut in half down the center than in 8 sliced across creating 16 bars.
- Using two forks, dip each bar in chocolate, coating thoroughly, then place back on the parchment to allow the chocolate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 week.
An 8 x 8 pan has much the same area of a 7 x 11 pan.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.