This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I have always loved cheesy popcorn ever since I was a kid. My mum used to give us a bag going to school. My Cheese & Rosemary Microwave Popcorn is a little bit of a sophisticated version of what I grew up with but also a nod to the original. You gotta remember where you came from.
When making fresh Popcorn at home you usually have to buy those store-bought microwave packets. They are a fast convenient solution, right? But did you know you can make it yourself in just 2 MINUTES in the microwave with only a brown paper bag and some popcorn kernels? It sounds crazy but when you try it you won’t believe the results.
Homemade Microwave Popcorn is the best kind of fast food. It is low-fat, gluten free, inexpensive and a great snack food. The best thing about making your own is that you get to control the ingredients that go into it, like real butter instead of a “butter-like substance” and so on.
All you need to make my delicious homemade Microwave is a brown paper bag and some popcorn kernels.
2 minutes later you will have fluffy and hot Homemade Microwave Popcorn!
Popcorn can be a delicious blank canvas for you to add your favorite flavors and seasonings to, like delicious salty cheese.
Cheese & Rosemary Microwave Popcorn is a little bit of sophistication straight from your kitchen.
Find my other Homemade Microwave Popcorn flavors here.
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you never miss a recipe!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Microwave Cheese & Rosemary Popcorn
- ⅓ cup (60g/2oz) popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons (11/2 oz/45g) butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons dried cheese (parmesan or cheddar)
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoons , chopped rosemary (dried or fresh)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put the popcorn kernels in a medium brown paper bag. Roll the top of it closed nice and tight. This will keep in the steam while cooking
- Place the bag upright in the microwave and cook for roughly 1 minute 35-50 seconds or until the kernels stop popping at the rate of at least 1 per second. Keep an eye on it (my microwave is 1200 watts so your cooking time may vary depending on your microwave)
- In the brown paper bag pour in the melted butter, roll the bag closed and shake it REALLY well. Combine the cheddar cheese powder, mustard powder, choppedd rosemary and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the popcorn while shaking the bag. Roll it back up and shake vigorously. Enjoy immediately!
* stay close by the microwave while cooking so you can hear it pop, the popcorn can burn if cooked too long
*Place bag standing upright, not on its side
*store popcorn in an airtight container for 2 days.