In a time crunch? My macaroni and cheese is quick to whip up and calls for just a few ingredients, making this mug recipe a fan favorite.
Hi Bold Bakers!
How To Cook Mac and Cheese in a Mug
This mug recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner and will even work really well as a filling snack. To save you even more time, make your Microwave Macaroni and Cheese the night before and microwave the next day.
Get 100 more Mug Meals on my Mug Meals Collection Page!
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
- ⅓ cup (28g/1oz) pasta
- ¾ cup (175ml/6fl oz) water, cold
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoons cornstarch (aka cornflour)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese , grated
- salt and pepper
- In a large microwavable mug or large bowl add in the macaroni and the water. You need a large mug as the water will boil up.
- Microwave for roughly 3 ½ minutes. You want the pasta to be fully cooked. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Pour off the remaining cooking water.
- Stir in the milk, cornstarch and shredded cheese and microwave for a final 60 seconds to create your sauce. Stir well, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug.
Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
42 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.