Hi Bold Bakers!
What is it about rainbow that is just so exciting? Whether it’s Rainbow Cookies, Rainbow Cakes or Rainbow Ice Cream, there really is something about these vibrant fun foods that actually make them taste better! That’s why I’ve taken the rainbow one step farther. I could not be more excited to share with you one of my most fun recipes to date for Rainbow Microwave Mug Cake!
This Rainbow Microwave Mug Cake is nothing short of magic. From all of its fun colors to delicious flavor this mug cake goes above and beyond. And I haven’t even mentioned the best part–it cooks in the microwave in only ONE MINUTE.
If you’re anything like me you’ll find this Rainbow Microwave Mug Cake to be irresistible. All the classic ingredients in your favorite vanilla cake are combined with super fun and bright food coloring. After a quick spoon into your favorite mug and a flash in the microwave you are left with this super exciting treat. You will have to see this for yourself! Enjoy!
Get almost 100 more Mug Recipes on Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection page!
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 1 sticks (100g) butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature , lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups (110g/ 4oz) All purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- red , orange, yellow, green, blue, food colouring
- In a large bowl cream the sugar and butter together until light in colour and fluffy in texture - about 3 minutes. Use a hand whisk.
- Crack in an egg, mix in well, and follow with the next egg. Then pour in the vanilla extract. Beat for another minute until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients until just combined - don't over-mix!
- Divide the mixture as evenly as you can between 5 bowls.
- Add a couple of drops of food colouring to each bowl and mix very gently - again, do not over-mix!
- Spoon the colors between the 4 mugs one spoonful at a time. Lay the different colored cake batter on top to create a marbled effect.
- Microwave for 45 seconds (every microwave is different so cooking may vary).
- Take care not to overcook the cake or it will dry out fast.
- Decorate your cake with my cream cheese frosting
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
4 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.