This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
For those of you who don’t know me, hi there! I’m Gemma Stafford, professionally trained chef and Bold Baker behind the over-the-top recipes featured on Bigger Bolder Baking. True to what I do, I’ve taken classic S’mores and given them a creative twist. I’m here to show you how to make a deliciously decadent S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich.
What is a S’more?
For anyone unfamiliar, s’mores are a nostalgic American dessert commonly enjoyed across a campfire or summertime barbecue. They are made by sandwiching together a square of chocolate and a fluffy marshmallow between two graham crackers then toasted over an open fire. If you’re looking for easy dessert recipes, smores are a perfect combination of simplicity, sweetness, and texture. From chocolate bliss to crunchy biscuit, there’s a reason smores are beloved by all that have tried them.
How Do You Make a Frozen S’more?
For this recipe, I’ve deconstructed our favorite campfire snack and made it into an ice cream sandwich. With a buttery graham cracker crust, rich chocolate ganache and homemade ice cream studded with toasted marshmallows, these are perfect ice cream sandwiches to enjoy with friends and family. To make my bars, I layer my crust, chocolate, ice cream and more crust in my GoodCook 8×8 Square Cake Pan and leave them to freeze. Before long, you’ll be enjoying the best of summer desserts.
How Do You Make Homemade Ice Cream?
This s’more is incomplete without my marshmallow-infused homemade ice cream. One of my most popular recipes, my ice cream requires just two ingredients – condensed milk and heavy whipping cream. Any flavor is possible with this simple base so we’re adding toasted marshmallows for this campfire creation.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
My chocolate ganache is simple, smooth and rich with flavor. In a GoodCook 2 Quart Nonstick Sauce Pan, gently warm your cream and chopped chocolate. After four or five minutes, your chocolate should melt. Once your chocolate has melted into the cream, carefully stir it together for a beautiful chocolate mixture.
Watch The Recipe Video!
S'mores Ice Cream Sandwich
- Line a GoodCook 8 Inch x 8 Inch Square Cake Pan with parchment paper and set aside.Then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and the butter until you reach the texture of wet sand.
- Using 1/2 the graham cracker mixture press the crumbs into the bottom of the lined tin creating an even crust. Place in the freezer to set up while you make the ganache layer.
- In a GoodCook 2 Quart Non-Stick Saucepan warm the cream and the chopped chocolate.Allow to sit over medium heat for roughly 4-5 minutes until the chocolate is melted.Once melted gently stir together until you have a shiny chocolate sauce-like mixture. Be careful not to over mix as this can cause the ganache to separate.
- Remove the cake pan from the freezer and pour the ganache over the crust in one evenlayer. Return to the freezer to set while making the marshmallow ice cream layer.
- First, transfer the marshmallows to the lined baking tray and toast them by placing the sheet pan under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Once toasted set aside.
- Peel the toasted marshmallows away from the parchment and fold into the ice cream mixture, they should string through, streaking the ice cream with toasted marshmallows.
- Remove the cake pan from the freezer and top the ganache layer with the toasted marshmallow ice cream.
- Return to the freezer to set slightly. Once partially set, after about 30 minutes sprinkle over the remaining graham cracker crust mixture over the ice cream layer. Gently pressdown to form an even top crust. Return to the freezer one final time to fully set for a minimum of 6 hours to overnight.
- These can be covered and stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.