This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I love recipes that are easy, inexpensive but most importantly have multiple uses. Spiced Chickpeas made in the microwave are a wonderful healthy snack, side dish or a fantastic addition to a salad.
I like these Spiced Chickpeas because when I went to make the recipe I already had all of the ingredients in my cupboard. Those are the best recipes, right? I think whether you are living in a dorm or making them in your kitchen at home you will have the ingredients on hand.
Panasonic very kindly gave me their new Microwave with Inverter Technology because they saw that I am no stranger to their microwaves and microwave recipes. If I were to sum up what’s Inverter Technology simply I would say it cooks your food evenly all the way from the edges to the center leaving no hot and cold spots like you usually find. It generates a steady stream of power at all temperature settings. The result? Consistent, evenly prepared food edges to center just the way I like it. And most importantly, it helps me make delicious Spiced Chickpeas every time.
A Big & Bold Thank You to Panasonic for sponsoring this post and helping me bring you even more easy Microwave Recipes! Find out more about my Panasonic Inverter Microwave here and stay tuned for more recipes to come!
- 1 can (15oz/425g) cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (preferably smoked)
- Pinch of salt
- Drain the chickpeas by pouring them into a colander or sieve and rinse for about thirty seconds
- Pat the chickpeas dry over several layers of paper towels
- Place dried chickpeas in a bowl
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas, and add the garlic powder, cayenne, and salt to taste.
- Mix everything together gently until the oil and spices are evenly distributed over the chickpeas
- Microwave for roughly 1 minutes. Remove from the microwave and tossing half-way through. If you want them a bit crispier still, microwave for 20-30 seconds longer. (Timing is based on my Panasonic Inverter microwave which is 1200 WATTS so your timing may vary)
- Enjoy straight away as a snack or as a side dish.
- Store for up to 3 days in the fridge.