This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I love cobblers — especially when they include delicious seasonal fruits — but this Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler recipe knocks the others out of the water! Strawberries and cream cheese are an amazing combination of flavors; the sweet and slightly tart strawberries are perfectly balanced by the salty and savory cream cheese.
What makes this Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler recipe even more delicious is the buttery batter that bakes up and rises around the fruit. Because this recipe isn’t your traditional cobbler recipe either — it’s so much easier! In just a few steps and 45 minutes in the oven, you’ll be enjoying this perfect flavor combo and all of the compliments you will get after serving!
What is Strawberry & Cream Cheese Cobbler?
You’re probably already familiar with what a strawberry cobbler is, and cobbler in general is a staple in many households throughout the UK and the US. They are made with fresh fruit and a biscuit topping.
In this case, we’ll be adding cream cheese!
What You Need to Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
How To Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
When I say this dessert is easy, I mean EASY. A couple of measurements here, a few plops of cream cheese there, and voila! An impressive, homey, summer-on-a-plate dessert is made. Here’s how you do it (and don’t forget to get the full recipe with measurements, on the page down below):
- Pour melted butter into your 9×13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Once the dry ingredients are combined, add in the egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the butter into your baking dish. RESIST the urger to stir the butter and mixture together.
- Evenly place your strawberries on top of the batter and then dot with cream cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350°F (180°C) until the top is golden brown, the fruit is bubbling, and your entire kitchen smells like heaven.
Gemma’s Pro Chef Tips for Making Strawberries & Cream Cheese Cobbler
- You’ll have to trust me and the process here — do NOT stir the butter into the batter.
- You can make this recipe with any type of berries you’d like! Try equal amounts of blueberries, blackberries, or even a combination of all three.
- If you don’t have cream cheese, don’t worry! The recipe will still be delicious without. Or, you could try to make your own cream cheese using my Homemade Cream Cheese recipe, the process is a lot easier than you think!
How to Store Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
Leftover strawberries & cream cheese cobbler should be stored in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make More Desserts!
And don’t forget to buy my Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Full (and printable) recipe below!
Strawberries, cream cheese, and from-below batter that rises up to greet you, my Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler recipe has everything you need and is easy as can be.
Author: Gemma Stafford
Servings: 8 people
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) butter
- 1 cup (5oz/142g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (8floz/225ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 4 cups (20oz/568g) strawberries, quartered
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) cream cheese, diced
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Melt the butter and pour into a 9x13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish.
In a bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
Pour mixture over butter into the dish but do not stir.
Place strawberries evenly over the batter, and then dot with the cream cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.