This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
What day can’t be improved by dessert? Better yet, what day can’t be improved by a chocolate dessert? Even more so, what could possibly get better than ending (or beginning) your day with a truly guilt-free chocolate dessert? My Vegan Chocolate Mousse is the epitome of a delicious and truly nutritious chocolate dessert!
Whether you have dietary restrictions or are just looking to lighten things up, this recipe is for you. Made from one of my favorite secret ingredients, aquafaba, this Vegan Chocolate Mousse is oil-free, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free and grain-free! I know you’re thinking, “how is that possible?” It’s true! On top of all that, this mousse is made with only 4 ingredients – making it not only a joy to eat but a breeze to make!
Traditional chocolate mousse can be intimidating to make and full of high-fat dairy products. This Vegan Chocolate Mousse recipe starts with a vegan meringue made with the “aquafaba” I mentioned (this is the liquid from a can of chickpeas). If this is something you’ve never tried before you’re just going to have to trust me. It really works!
After making the aquafaba meringue, I fold in good-quality melted chocolate to give it a bit of sweetness. That is seriously all there is to it! I know that choosing healthier options may seem unappealing or you might think that they requires more work, but this Vegan Chocolate Mousse is pure guilt-free magic. I cannot wait to hear what you all think!
Get more Bold Baking Guilt Free Desserts including my Vegan Chocolate Pudding & Chocolate and Healthy Mound Bars.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 1/2 cup (4floz/120ml) aquafaba (about 1 can)
- 1/2 cup (3oz/90g) Bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2-3 teaspoons of powder stevia or powdered sugar
- First melt your chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted, set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer whisk the aquafaba to stiff peaks, this should take around 4 minutes.
- Next add in the powdered sweetener and continue to whip until you reach a stiff glossy consistency.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the chocolate until evenly combined.
- Transfer your mousse into individual servings or into one large one. Enjoy immediately!
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days ( the mousse may loose some of its airy-ness over time but the flavor and richness will remain)