Hi Bold Bakers!
Halloween is such a fun time to get creative with desserts and I have lots of recipes I want to share with you. So I was excited when the folks at Best Fiends asked me to create a BONUS recipe for you featuring my Witch’s Brew Halloween Dessert.
This Witch’s Brew is actually Tapioca pudding. Luckily it tastes so much better then it looks. Scatter around creepy crawlies of the gummy variety and you have a perfect Halloween dessert for your party.
- 1/2 cup (2oz/ 60g) pearl tapioca, (do not use instant tapioca)
- 2 cups (16oz / 500g) water
- 2 cups (16oz / 500g) whole milk (or dairy free milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1/3 cup (2 ½ oz/75g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- Halloween Candies (Gummy bones, skulls, spiders, slugs)
- The night before, in a medium bowl soak Pearl Tapicoa in water at room temperature.
- The next day, combine tapioca, milk, and salt in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir while bringing to a simmer. Lower the heat and cook covered at the lowest possible heat for 45 minutes-1 hour. Timing depends on the type or brand of tapioca you are using. Stir occasionally so that the tapioca doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once cooked, in a separate bowl beat the egg yolks and sugar together. Mix in some of the hot tapioca very slowly to equalize the temperature of the two mixtures (to avoid curdling).
- Pour the egg mix into the pan with tapioca. Still over low heat, stir for roughly 10-15 minutes until you get a thick pudding consistency. Do not let the mixture boil or the tapioca egg custard will curdle. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and green food dye.
- Pour into your cauldron or black bowl and cover with gummies and Halloween themed decorations. Serve either warm or chilled. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Thanks again to Best Fiends for helping us bring you this videos. The game is free to download.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.