Hi Bold Bakers!
One of my favorite savory breakfasts is a Breakfast Burrito. They are filling and full of things I love like eggs, cheese and wrapped up in a soft white tortilla. To be fair, if you wrapped an old boot in a tortilla I would put salsa on it, so to fill it with some of my breakfast favorites is just a no brainer.
My Burrito in a Mug is equally as good as one from a taqueria, except it will be cheaper and you are in control of what ingredients went in. You know those times you have leftover cooked sausage, rice or potatoes from last night’s dinner? Add those to your breakfast burrito. No waste and no fuss.
Breakfast has got to be the one meal that you never really know what you want or have the time to make it. I’m really bad at deciding what I want for breakfast, but one thing is for sure whatever it is I want it fast, and that’s why Mug Breakfasts are so great.
If oats are what float your boat(s), then you are going to want to try my Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal. It is a bowl of hot Oatmeal that tastes just like a Cinnamon Roll- 2 breakfast in 1, minus a few calories.
And if you want to go really Big & Bold with your breakfast then Pop Tart in a Mug is your guy. I heard it called “A game changer in this space” (ok it was me, I said that).
- 1 large 9 inch tortilla (flour or whole wheat)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons beans (pinto/black beans)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- In a large microwavable mug press in a fresh tortilla. It will naturally fold into the shape of the mug and find its way.
- Crack in your eggs and whisk up with a fork, taking care not to tear the tortilla.
- Now add in your favorite burrito mixins like cheese, beans and scallions. Season with salt and pepper and mix all together. Whatever ingredients you have to hand will work great.
- Microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds. Check, and if the eggs are still liquid, cook for another 15 -20 seconds. Keep an eye during cooking so the eggs don’t over heat. You don’t want an egg-plosition in your microwave. The cook time is based on my 1200W microwave so yours might vary.
- Once done, let it sit for 3 minutes to cool and serve with some sour cream and salsa on top. I like to eat a little out of the middles and then lift it out of the mug and roll it like a burrito.
I’m sure by now you know that if it can be made in a mug, I have made it, like Mug Pizza, Microwave Jelly Donut (Mugnut) and 50+ more sweet and savory recipes. Make sure to check them all out!