Hi Bold Bakers!
A Pop Tart is something that is normally cooked in a toaster BUT a Pop Tart in a Mug is a whole other wonderful thing. You mix it in a mug and cook it in the microwave! Yes, microwave.
Am I crazy? YES, crazy like a Fox! I loved Pop Tarts growing up. The whole idea of pastry filled with jam and frosting on top was genius to me. Also it was food that was very “American” and living in Ireland, America was the fanciest place I knew.
Just because they started in a toaster doesn’t mean we can’t change things up and pop them into the microwave!
If a Pop Tart in a Mug isn’t enough then how about my brand new Mugrito! It’s a Breakfast Burrito all mixed and cooked in the one mug. It’s perfect for kids and college students trying to cook a whole meal easily for themselves.
If oats are what float your boat(s), then you are going to want to try my Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal. It is a bowl of hot Oatmeal that tastes just like a Cinnamon Roll: 2 breakfast in 1, minus a few calories.
- 1 tablespoon (½ oz/15g) butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- In a microwavable mug mix the butter and sugar together.
- Stir in flour and milk and mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Make a well in the batter and spoon in the jam. Gently smooth the batter over the jam so there is none peeking out.
- Microwave for 45-60 seconds, or until firm to the touch. (My microwave is 1200 Watts so your cook time may vary depending on your wattage)
- Set it aside to cool. Spoon over some icing and then of course, decorate it with sprinkles!
I’m sure by now you know that if it can be made in a mug, I have made it, like Mug Pizza, Microwave Jelly Donut (Mugnut) and 50+ more sweet and savory recipes. Make sure to check them all out!
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.