This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
A Pop Tart is something that is normally cooked in a toaster BUT a Pop Tart in a Mug is a whole other wonderful thing. You mix it in a mug and cook it in the microwave! Yes, microwave.
Am I crazy? YES, crazy like a Fox! I loved Pop Tarts growing up. The whole idea of pastry filled with jam and frosting on top was genius to me. Also it was food that was very “American” and living in Ireland, America was the fanciest place I knew.
Just because they started in a toaster doesn’t mean we can’t change things up and pop them into the microwave!
If a Pop Tart in a Mug isn’t enough then how about my brand new Mugrito! It’s a Breakfast Burrito all mixed and cooked in the one mug. It’s perfect for kids and college students trying to cook a whole meal easily for themselves.
If oats are what float your boat(s), then you are going to want to try my Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal. It is a bowl of hot Oatmeal that tastes just like a Cinnamon Roll: 2 breakfast in 1, minus a few calories.
Get more 100 more microwave mug recipes at my Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection page!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Strawberry Pop Tart in a Mug
- In a microwavable mug mix the butter and sugar together.
- Stir in flour and milk and mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Make a well in the batter and spoon in the jam. Gently smooth the batter over the jam so there is none peeking out.
- Microwave for 45-60 seconds, or until firm to the touch. (My microwave is 1200 Watts so your cook time may vary depending on your wattage)
- Set it aside to cool. Spoon over some icing and then of course, decorate it with sprinkles!