Hi Bold Bakers!
No store bought, dry sachets of Oatmeal for us thanks! This Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal is fast to make but you also know what goes into this one.
I gave my Oatmeal a makeover and filled it full of the flavors of a Cinnamon Roll! Cinnamon inside and cream cheese sweetness on the outside. Now, I know what you are thinking, “Why does my breakfast have frosting on it?” But what you really should be asking is “Why don’t ALL of my breakfasts have frosting on them?”
Breakfast is the one meal that you never really know what you want or have the time to make it. I’m really bad at deciding what I want for breakfast, but one thing is for sure. Whatever it is, I want it fast and that’s why Microwave Mug Breakfasts are so great.
Customize your breakfast to how you like it. Add honey instead of sugar, more nuts, no nuts, GO NUTZ!
Sticking with something sweet for breakfast then what about a Pop Tart in a Mug? I heard it called “A game changer in this space” (ok, it was me, I said that).
If a Pop Tart in a Mug isn’t enough then how about my brand new Mugrito? It’s a Breakfast Burrito all mixed and cooked in the one mug. It’s perfect for kids and college students trying to cook a whole meal easily for themselves.
- 4 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ cup (4oz /115g) water
- 4 tablespoons milk (regular or dairy free)
- ¼ cup (1oz/ 30g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large microwavable mug add in the oats, cinnamon, sugar, milk and water and stir. You need to use a large mug as the mix can bubble up .
- Place in the microwave and cook for 1 minutes. Stir the oatmeal and then continue cooking at 20-30 seconds or until the oatmeal is cooked. Keep a close eye as it cooks as you don’t want it to overflow in your microwave. The cook time is based on my microwave which is 1200W so your timing maybe vary depending on your microwave.
- Cream Cheese Glaze: Microwave cream cheese in a small bowl for about 10 seconds until soft. Stir in confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Swirl the cream cheese glaze over your hot oatmeal and scatter some toasted pecans on top.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.