Hi Bold Bakers!
Ok, time for some trivia, what is the most iconic flavor when it come to cake…? I bet all of you can agree it’s good old Funfetti! Just saying the word makes me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy. From Birthday parties to family get togethers no festive celebration is complete without a bit of color, sprinkles, sweetness and vanilla cake. And that’s why Funfetti really does the trick. It’s all that baked into one tender spongy cake, topped with bright or pastel frosting and enjoyed by all. But sometimes you want a single-serving version or a little cake fast, so that’s where my 1 Minute Microwave Funfetti Mug Cake comes in.
Whether you’re a kid or an adult you probably love Funfetti Cake. The thing is you usually don’t get to enjoy this treat any given day. Well now you can with my 1 Minute Microwave Funfetti Mug Cake. Just like you, I love this fun flavor but don’t exactly want to make a whole cake just to have one slice. That’s why I created this single-serving gem of a mug cake.
This Funfetti Mug Cake is made super moist and tender from the milk and butter and perfectly flavored with sprinkles and vanilla to really deliver on the “fun.” I think this recipe is perfect for any dorm room celebration or after school treat. Let me remind you, birthday cake tastes just as good on days that aren’t your Birthday. Every day is one to celebrate. If you have a minute to spare and a few basic ingredients this special treat is all yours. Enjoy!
Get almost 100 more Mug Recipes on Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection page!
- 2 tablespoons (1oz/28g) butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons (50g/ 1¾ oz) self-rising flour ( to make SF flour add 2 tsp of baking powder to 150g/6oz/1 cup plain flour)
- tiny pinch of salt
- Best-Ever Buttercream Frosting recipe
- Place the butter in a large mug and microwave it for 20 to 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the egg and whisk it in with a fork.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix the batter with a fork until smooth.
- Divide the batter between two mugs. Microwave separately for 50 seconds each until risen. Take care not to overcook or the cake will dry out fast.
- Once cooled pipe on a swirl of Buttercream Frosting and enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.