Make my Microwave Bread & Butter Pudding in a mug. It’s a simple and delicious way to make one of my favorite traditional Irish desserts!
Hi Bold Bakers!
Did you know you can make a quick Microwave Bread & Butter Pudding? It is one of my favorite traditional Irish desserts, but this one has a twist…you can make it under 2 minutes in the microwave!
I love recipes that can be made with normal everyday ingredients. If you have a slice of bread, milk and an egg you can make this dessert. Also, if you have friends over then just multiply the recipe and make it for them.
Special thanks to The TODAY Show for making this recipe possible for you. Make sure you WATCH the recipe video and get the full written recipe below.
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
For me, Bread & Butter Pudding is the best kind of comfort food. It was often served at our table growing up in Ireland. However, I am no longer in Ireland, nor do I have my Mum making my desserts for me. So that’s why this recipe, and my other mug recipes, come in handy!
When I have a craving and want something fast and easy then I make this Microwave Bread & Butter Pudding version that I created to satisfy my sweet tooth and my busy schedule .
In case you are wondering how it turns out… this pudding is soft, custardy and delicious!
If you like my Microwave Bread & Butter Pudding in a Mug recipe, then check out 100+ Mug Meal recipes on my Gemma’s Mug Meals Collection Page!
Make my Microwave Bread & Butter Pudding in a mug. It's a simple and delicious way to make one of my favorite traditional Irish desserts!
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons sugar (or maple syrup)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 5 tablespoons cubed bread , buttered (around 1 slice)
- In your microwavable mug, mix together the milk, egg, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until combined
- Cut your buttered bread into square bite-sized pieces
- Add the bread and raisins to the mug and press them down so they are submerged within the liquid. I like to leave it on the counter for 10 minutes for the bread to soak up the custard
- Microwave for roughly 1-1½ minutes. It does take a little longer than my other microwave cakes. I suggest checking it after 1 minute and go from there. The timing is based on my 1200W microwave so yours might vary.
Watch the Recipe Video!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.