Make an impressive holiday treat with my Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cake using my No Machine Homemade Ice Cream recipe and salted caramel sauce!
Hi Bold Bakers!
Ice Cream for me is not just for the summer time. It is something I love to make all year round, even when the weather is chilly out. I wanted to put a Holiday spin on my No Machine Ice Cream recipe so I came up with a Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cake. This ice cream cake has a thick Gingersnap base, tons of Homemade Butter Pecan Ice Cream and a generous amount of salted caramel on top. You know, just in case there wasn’t enough deliciousness going on.
My 2 Ingredient (No Machine) Homemade Ice Cream recipe works perfectly for this Ice Cream Cake. It is an incredibly easy way to make homemade ice cream with amazing results, and did I mention it just takes 2 ingredients to make? This cake practically makes itself. It’s that easy!
I really love this ice cream, so much so that last year I have made 6 Holiday Ice Cream Flavors. You’ll find Candy Cane, Sugar Cookie, Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Roll, Pumpkin Pie, and of course, the inspiration for this cake: Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
I couldn’t resist drizzling generous amounts of my Salted Caramel Sauce on top of this Ice Cream Cake. One of my secret weapons in the kitchen is a hidden jar of my homemade Salted Caramel Sauce in the back of my fridge. Far enough back there that my husband doesn’t know it exists but close enough to whip out for dessert emergencies.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner with Christmas hot on its heels. The one thing that you can guarantee during the holiday season is that the kitchen will be busy and there will be lots of food cooking. So, when you think of all of that hustle and bustle in the kitchen, you want to make sure you have your dessert squared away and ready to go.
A dessert that doesn’t need space in the oven or warming up, just slice and serve. If want to get really smart and prepared for the holidays make your cake up to 4 days in advance and it will be one less thing on your to do list on the big day. You want to be as prepared so you can sit back and enjoy the day with family and loved ones.
GET MORE ICE CREAM & FROZEN DESSERTS!
Get 100+ Ice Cream recipes at my Gemma’s Freezer Section Ice Cream Destination page!
Learn how to make an impressive holiday treat with my Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cake using my No Machine Homemade Ice Cream recipe and salted caramel sauce!
Base3 ½ cups (101/2oz/298g) ginger snaps, crushed
- 1/2 cup (4oz/115g) melted butter
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml) cold whipping cream, all purpose cream, heavy cream
- 1 1/3 cup (14oz/425g) COLD sweetened condensed milk (fat-free or regular)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup (5oz/142g) toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/3 Cup (21/2oz/71g) white sugar
- 2 Tablespoon (1oz/30g) butter
- generous pinch of salt
- salted caramel sauce*
- To prepare the base: Using a food processor or high-powered blender, pulse the gingersnaps until they reach a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and pulse a few more times to combine. (you can also use a rolling pin to break up the cookies)
- Press the gingersnap mixture evenly over the bottom of a 9 inch spring-form pan, and up the sides approximately 2 inches. Place in the fridge to set.
- Prepare Candied Butter Pecans: In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium/low heat, combine pecans, sugar, butter and salt stirring constantly for about 4 minutes or until sugar has melted and browned (don’t let them smoke) .
- Remove from heat; spread nuts on parchment paper or foil. Once nuts have cooled, chop into smaller pieces and reserve. I like to keep some big chunks and really fine bits too for texture.
- For the ice cream : Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold
- Beat cold heavy cream* on medium/high in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until soft peaks form. Around 3-4 minutes
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream. Stir in vanilla extract now if desired.
- Now, turn the speed back up high again and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks. that is your homemade ice cream base.
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add your chopped Buttered Pecans and mix in (save a little few to decorate the top) .Taste to make sure you have added enough.
- To assemble the cake: Scoop half of your ice cream into your prepared cookie base.
- Sprinkle over a hand full of crushed gingersnap cookies to create a secret layer then continue scooping the ice cream on top of that
- Tap the tin on the counter to flatten out the top. Freeze at least 8 hours but preferably overnight.
- Serve with some salted caramel sauce on top and freshly whipped cream.
- Keep covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
For the Ice Cream use the right cream for where you live:
(UK, whipping cream or heavy cream)
(Philippines, whipped cream or heavy cream)
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.