Hi Bold Bakers! One of your most most-requested treats is Cake Pops but I’ll show you how to make them BIG & BOLD into little Ice Cream Cones. You can use any of my cake recipes to easily create these lovely little treats. So let’s get baking!
- 13 ice cream cones (of your choosing)
- 3 cups (8 oz/230g) chocolate cakes (or whatever cake you like)
- 8 oz/225g bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) Cream
- 6 oz (180g) white chocolate
- 3 oz (90g) milk chocolate
- **** A cardboard box to stand your cones up in is very important
- To make the ganache: Heat the cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan. When it reaches a simmer, take it off the heat and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit there for 3-4 minutes on the chocolate and then whisk until the chocolate has melted.
- Crumb the cake with your fingers until it is nice and fine.
- Mix the cakes crumbs with ½ cup of ganache.
- With a tablespoon scoop the cake to a nice rounded ball. Set aside in the fridge
- To prepare the cones: With a carving knife carve your mini ice cream cone to 3 inches big.
- Stand the cones upright and fill each one with ganache.
- Dip the cake ball in a little bit of ganache and place it securely on top of the cone.
- Place the cones in the fridge to set hard.
- To decorate: melt some white chocolate gently and color with some pink food coloring.
- Dip in your cake pop into the chocolate coating it all over. Try and do this step quickly as you don’t want the dark chocolate on the pop to get in the pink chocolate mix.
- Once the chocolate sets you can add some melt milk chocolate on top and sprinkles to really make your ice cream pop Big and Bold!!! Eat once ready 🙂
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
4 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.