Hi Bold Bakers!
Halloween is a time when there is an abundance of candy everywhere, but did you ever think of making your own candy bars? I came across this recipe for candy bar fudge and I was amazed! And I think you’ll find it’s so much better than store bought.
This candy bar fudge has layers of chocolate, caramel, nougat and peanuts so it is very reminiscent of a Snickers.
If you follow my Bold Baking Basics series then you know that you can make many of the ingredients in this recipe from scratch, like Homemade Peanut Butter, Homemade Marshmallow Fluff and even Homemade Icing Sugar.
This recipe makes a big tray of Candy Bar Fudge that you can share at your Halloween party and it is great for after school treats.
- 2 cups (12oz/340g) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 jar (7oz/198g) marshmallow fluff
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups (6oz/172g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup (5oz/142g) peanuts, roasted salted
- 2 cups (11oz/331g) caramels (store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup (2oz/57g) cream
- Line an 11X7-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds and stir until smooth and combined. Microwave for few more seconds if needed.
- Pour melted chocolate evenly into prepared pan. Place in the fridge until hardened.
- Meanwhile, combine marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and powdered sugar in the bowl and mix until combined and a soft nougat forms. If will be a stiff consistency.
- Press nougat evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle peanuts on top, and press them gently into the nougat.
- In a bowl combine the caramels and heavy cream and melt over a bain marie or in the microwave. Cook until melted and smooth. Pour caramel over peanuts, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes, or until set.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt remaining 1 cup chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour over caramel layer, spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until chocolate is set. Use a sharp knife to cut into bars.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 4 weeks.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.